The renowned online networking portal, LinkedIn is now offering supplemental resources to its subscribers posting content, in-house.
One of the prominent enhancements introduced is the facility to optimize images for visibility.
Going forward, subscribers can enter an alternative wording and description for the same.
Brands can obtain further internet exposure by availing such extra elements added at this commercial platform, lately.
Please see the screenshot photo regarding beginning using these latest features below !
The red oval marking at the image above is indicating where to type-in or paste a link, on the main feed.
Enter any URL like the example as displayed in the picture screenshot below !
After entering the link, click the blue button for “Next” as visible in the photo above.
Additional Items By LinkedIn Helping Brands Achieve Popularity
A new window would open up as in this screenshot below, showing choices for selecting the type of audience desired for your postings !
As you would notice, this kind of window displaying different preferences for choosing your audience was not available before.
This updated facility would give more room to select preferred viewers while you promote your web content !
Firms may gain an elevated position for official videos, commercial pictures and professional matter posted by them at this online platform.
But it doesn’t end here.
There are a couple of more enhanced features one can find at this upgraded version.
These elements can also assist in marketing of websites !
Observe the symbol with 3 dots in the picture below. Click the same and see that it is now possible to embed published content on an external source !
So these were two of the three extra amenities found recently, inside this professional networking portal !
Optimize Images For Visibility & Obtain Further Internet Exposure
Upload any photo on this online promotion resource, as shown in the picture screenshot below !
Spot the red rectangle border around an uplinked picture on your commercial feed.
Click the “edit icon” providing a choice for inserting an explanatory narration and summary for the photo.
Another window would open on your screen like this below, offering the opportunity to write an Alt Text after uploading a picture !
One now has the option to optimize images for visibility by writing an alternative wording and description.
This is one of the additional items by LinkedIn.
It is enabling companies gain a better online positioning for their websites and obtain further internet exposure for products and services.
These fresh components could be incorporated during your social media optimization drive to generate high rankings for you.
Agencies providing internet publicity solutions commonly use this platform for helping clients in promoting their websites.
Video below !
- Your in-house profile should be informative enough for your prospective clients.
- Keep sharing content in a professional manner and at regular intervals.
So that brings us to end this article about the additional items by LinkedIn introduced to help companies improve sales.
Which Is Better For Website Promotion – LinkedIn Company Page or Facebook Business Page ?
Both gateways are effective in delivering some amount of visibility for professional portals. The former is more efficient in producing targeted online traffic but in small numbers. Whereas the latter is superior in generating larger volume of internet visitors but of lesser value. However, there is no hard-and-fast rule to this analysis because it is based on many factors and considerations. Every company may approach its digital publicity drive through different styles. Hence, the results may vary accordingly.
Which Are The Major Variations In Facebook Business Page and LinkedIn Company Page ?
These online business networking channels have a very different interface, settings, options, design, data compatibility, restrictions and sharing functionalities. Mentioning few of the peculiarities as below.
1. Cover Section – To start with, the former gives an option to upload either a video or few pictures within its cover section. Whereas one can only insert a single photo as a showcase material within the same division inside the latter. However, this component does not need much consideration.
2. Interface – Broadly speaking, the design of a Facebook Business Page is somewhat similar to a homepage one may have in own website as it displays a right sidebar for a supplemental image with detailed information about your company, a business address map with complete address in text format, work specialty, the domain address URL and working hours.
Whereas the layout of a LinkedIn Company page is pretty flat i.e. all descriptions available inside the right sidebar at the former gateway are available here too but visible only after clicking the menu link saying “About”. This is a prominent factor when it comes to comparison between these two online business networking channels.
3. Content Posting – Facebook Business Page does not allow adding Adobe PDF or Microsoft PPS files as media or commercial material inside its gateway. Whereas apart from other formats permitted by the former, LinkedIn Company Page allows uploading of PDF or PPS documents for promoting own website within its domain. Again this element is worthwhile to evaluate while differentiating between the 2 internet publicity platforms.
4. Recommendations – Facebook Business Page has a section allowing the online audience write a testimonial or a review for companies. Whereas, LinkedIn Company Page does not contain this division due to the same segment already available inside the personal profile section of the business owning the account. However, one may say that this ingredient does not carry too much of weight.
5. Miscellaneous – Kindly remember that there are few more areas in Facebook Business Page which are unseen at LinkedIn Company Page. But the reason for that is the same as in point 4 above i.e. the personal profile section here includes many different elements. Additionally, few unique features like “Accomplishments”, “Certifications” etc. are visible inside the personal profile section at this internet promotion portal. These 2 have not been incorporated at the Facebook online publicity platform, though there is a round-about way to insert the same. Conversely, there are some facilities inside the former domain which have not been integrated with the latter. For example Facebook Business Page consolidates Apps for absorbing posts at Pinterest Business, YouTube Channel and Twitter profiles respectively for its subscribers. Whereas LinkedIn Company Page does not embody any Apps to show any matter posted by its members on their own exterior social media promotion accounts.