We own a medium size business. Need to gather information about the technique for improving organic internet positioning of websites on Google and Bing.
Ms. A is a digital promotion consultant, whom we approached and asked few questions. What is search engine optimisation ? – we questioned Ms. A.
It is a process which enables a satisfactory user-experience as well as helps web pages rank high on natural result listings online – she said.
A balance in content and SEO is mandatory. That assists one in gathering quality backlinks which in turn aid in increasing popularity of domains.
Let’s say you write exceptional text within overly long paragraphs and mentioning the focus keyword only once and disregarding linking too.
Now, it may not matter to the user since the sentences are extraordinarily compelling and engaging in such a case.
But it would be suggestible to break the paragraphs into shorter ones. The ensure a proper keyphrase density and also adding appropriate connects.
The writer may object by saying that he does not like to see underlined text and that too in a different color inside his sentences.
He might also oppose the idea of inserting a specific key phrase a couple of times, by disagreeing in altering the wording to accommodate the keyword.
But the robots might not rank the document as high as it could in the scenario of the writer being rigid – said Ms. A.
Short paragraphs, links and keyphrases being ingredients of optimizing, assist in an optimal natural exposure as they satisfy the ranking algorithm criteria.
And that is what is search engine optimisation and the reason why developing a congruence within digital material and the optimising tactic is a necessity.
So, the moral of the story is that online matter is the “King”. Whereas optimization is the “Queen”. And it is the latter which always overrules.
Or else you’re inviting disaster for yourself. So better to patch up by finding a middle path. And it is necessary to prolong the harmony till you can.
Ms. A continued – Some of the most crucial components for obtaining a balance in content and SEO are !
- Valuable and simply readable matter.
- Typing unique sentences.
- Intuitive navigation.
- Mobile phone responsiveness.
- Meaningful images.
- Relevant page titles.
- Striking headings.
- Revealing meta description.
- Useful linking.
- And fast loading speed.
A user-oriented page is your best salesman as it helps you attract the target customer by filtering out the non-required audience – she said.
For example, clients often get annoyed with us when we pressure them to procure customized photos during website building – She added.
That ends-up in additional expenditure and effort. Sometimes, vendees feel offended when agencies push them on few aspects – Said Ms. A.
But, after all one is not making a website for himself. It is supposed to be built for the online visitor and the crawlers – She said.
In addition, even this exercise alone does not suffice. Then, we end-up pressing vendees for personalized videos – Said Ms. A.
That further agitates the client. So, we patiently teach them that due to competition, text supporting designer media material is a necessity.
So the point is that it is a draining assignment which unfortunately clients are unaware of – She added.
Hence, it takes a lot more than one could imagine to compete with peers – Ms. A concluded.
Balance In Content And SEO To Obtain Quality Backlinks
Then I approached Ms. B – another professional optimising and promoting domains, who answered my questions as below.
Digital publicity assists a site in generating inward connects from authoritative sources – she said.
Such connections are a major determinant for improving organic internet positioning of websites on Google – Ms. B continued.
But, one cannot classify “Online Matter” as the “King”, because then it sounds as if that is everything to compose a top class website – said Ms. B.
The best way to acquire incoming connections from verified authors is to use the following strategies !
- Producing original and relevant information.
- Genuine and meaningful in-house blogs.
- Creating interesting and informative pictures and shareable videos.
- Social business networking.
- Paid SEM.
- Answering questions at Quora.
- Developing local commercial map listings.
- And helping PR news journalists in composing their newsletters.
Writing genuine text & fancy web designs are both pointless unless you gain a prominent position through keyphrase queries – Ms. B said.
Ms. B continued – Web pages require a combination of both as mentioned below !
- High-standard data creation.
- Optimized – Text, Photos, Titles, Headlines, Links, Blogs, Meta data, Keywords and Schema markup.
Sometimes while completing the former process, one ends up compromising the latter function or vice versa – said Ms. B.
Just composing text, pictures or videos or purely inserting optimized meta data is not enough for boosting inflow of natural traffic.
The spiders need you to produce an equilibrium within online promotional material & the optimizing procedure – Ms. B concluded.
Now, whose advice should I accept ? What is search engine optimisation and balance in content and SEO task after all ?
By whose assistance does one evaluate up to which extent one should focus on for improving organic internet positioning of websites on Google ?
Which are the main avoidable mistakes in optimizing portals ? Everyone is presenting different views on the subject.
Is there anyone who could spell out the topmost necessary factors for promoting optimized web pages in descending order ?
Where to promote and which mode should one spend on when optimising visitor-friendly domains and how to obtain quality backlinks for a website ?
Should it be like ?
- 30% fresh matter.
- 10% mobile responsiveness.
- 10% On-page optimizing.
- 5% PPC marketing i.e. Pay-per-click advertisements.
- 10% article post publishing.
- 10% easy browsing functionality.
- 5% attractive design.
- 5% fast loading.
- 10% Off-page optimization.
- 5% designing professional videos.
Or should it be like ?
- 30% original matter.
- 10% mobile phone compatibility.
- 15% On-page optimization.
- 5% paid advertisements online.
- 10% in-house blog posting.
- 5% easy navigation.
- 10% elegant web design.
- 5% quick rendering speed.
- 5% Off-page optimizing.
- 5% designing commercial images.
Out of the 2 options, by whose aid should one judge the correct formula or perfect combination for accomplishing brand awareness ?
Video below discussing :- “If too much data is good enough for building optimized domains or not”, hosted by Martin Splitt interviewing Lily Ray from Path Interactive !
- The key to ranking success is in providing most useful information instead of developing the maximum possible material or maintaining high a word count.
- It is a good practice to generate either fresh matter or update old pages or blogs as and when something newsworthy or unique is suitable enough to publish.
- Too little data within a specific document may prevent indexing but there is no problem in having a limited volume of published pages, blogs or stories on a website.
- Excessive material inside a particular page or an article may end-up being repetitive or spammy but otherwise there is nothing such as immoderate amount of matter if posted as separate documents.
What Is Search Engine Optimisation Of Websites On Google ?
Feel free to watch video below, mentioning some crucial ingredients required while designing a website !
- Add own official phone number on in-house pages and portfolios.
- Place an easy-to-find contact form.
- Include a call-button to make it effortless for mobile-users to reach you easily.
- Insert a business location map at the footer section.
- Display special offers or prices at the landing page.
- Explain whereby that you can meet customer-needs and whatever you do, through easy-to-read paragraphs.
- Present testimonials or certifications and allow the online visitor to write reviews on your portal.
- Design descriptive images, write relevant headlines and enable intuitive navigation for helping the audience.
So, now we have understood at least some facts about web development, optimizing and online publicity operations.
That means this website thing is not as straightforward as we thought it was. On the contrary it is a complicated exercise. It is a costly affair too.
Since we were supplying text, we initially were under the impression that all one needs to spend upon is domain, hosting and coding to obtain quality backlinks.
But now we realize that we are required to allocate funds for a paid plugin for optimizing too.
And that is not all. We ought to be ready to spend on a commercial theme and a premium version of some visual composer too, later.
And then monthly maintenance expenses for On and Off-page optimization + chargeable digital advertising + expenditure for fresh material.
We have also learnt that informative matter is the most important factor to enhance user-experience and achieve solid online rankings.
Then, according to top-notch website builders , a balance in content and SEO task is important too for improving organic internet positioning of websites on Google.
Sometimes even extraordinarily high value matter alone can assist in a top level presence at searches.
But the chances of procuring a supreme ranking increase if the concerned URL is findable through a keyword query.
So just uploading attractive videos or striking photos does not suffice until and unless the movies are relevant and the pictures sufficient in quantity.
That is needed because the crawlers want you to formulate a parity within online material and the optimising undertaking.
So, in this context formation of media matter is the first ingredient.
Whereas, generating a uniformity in terms of building an appropriate text to photo ratio is the second function i.e. optimization.
And congruence with the two assists in boosting user-experience and also enhances natural exposure at searches.
Inserting elements like ones listed below are negative practices while optimising portals !
- Duplicate sentences and photos.
- Flash animations.
- Over-optimised anchor text.
- Animated image based menus.
- Stuffed keyphrases.
- Scanty word count.
- Hazy pictures.
- Overly long titles.
- Excessive number of Ad banners.
Whereas features as below are some of the vital elements required for enhancing natural online placement of web pages !
- User-friendly paragraphs.
- Purposeful videos.
- Descriptive images.
- Well-formatted layouts.
- Clearly readable text.
- Easily clickable links.
- Easy-to-find menus.
- Mobile-friendly navigation.
Video below describing – What is Search engine optimisation ?
- A website should attract potential customers and one way to do so is by showing up on natural searches.
- Methods of making your site appear for the keyword queries people make for the products or services you sell are called “Optimizing Techniques”.
- This tactic encompasses using the right target keyphrases and showing relevant and accurate information to your prospective clients on your domain.
- Ensure your portal displaying useful details like knowhow about the solutions and items you deal in, options within various goods and services sold, prices, your business location and opening hours.
- Create short and meaningful page titles, topical headings and a detailed “About Us” section.
- Insert photo alt text tags and meta data for videos helping the crawlers as well as people with disabilities understand your media material simply.
- Remember uploading explanatory images supplemented with descriptive text explaining choices within your list of inventory on offer and kinds of solutions provided.
- Make sure about relevancy within pictures, wording and page titles and add instructional sentences to narrate the particulars of the services marketed or commodities offered by you.
- Prevent using black-hat optimising strategies like writing invisible text or other deceptive tasks for trying to trick the audience into visiting your website.
- Do not waste your time and money in deceitful assignments as the robots have many avenues to detect operations that few webmasters deploy to manipulate online rankings.
- The spiders provide valuable tools like the “webmaster console” to assist you in managing your optimizing exercises, checking your site performance and boosting your digital placement.
Improving Organic Internet Positioning Of Websites On Google
Mr. C is a digital promotion specialist. I asked him the following two questions. But the discussion carried on further.
How to obtain quality backlinks for a website and alongside maintain a balance in content and SEO ?
Mr. C answered as below !
1. Just focus on high-calibre writing.
Don’t use more than 3 relevant images, infographics or videos on a page or blog. Or else it will look more like an online catalogue.
2. Smartphone compatibility is a must. The crawlers are going to implement the mobile-first indexing very soon.
However, the AMP feature is sometimes difficult to execute. So you may ignore that component if you feel like.
3. Insert as many widgets and badges to give a multimedia kind of feel for the customers at the site.
Such type of ingredients also support in displaying different varieties of material on a domain.
4. Form internal connections within your best pages with near exact anchor text.
And preferably using two matching keyphrases within the linking phrase or else that has zero value.
In fact that is one of the tactics for boosting natural online placement of web pages, portfolios and articles.
And add at least one external link to every page or blog too, to form a parity between online matter and the optimizing function.
5. You are required to publish between three to four articles in a week, preferably.
Most bloggers write about the same few topics, often, but in different forms and terminologies.
6. Form all levels of page headers one to six, if possible, because after all why does the Heading 5 or 6 exist ?
But remember placing the same in a descending order of sequence and that too dividing text matter in proportionate sizes.
This assignment will support you in generating a balance in content and SEO.
7. Don’t bother about meta tags !
Most webmasters have abused that strategy already, for trying to achieve strong traffic for their web pages.
8. Have long-tail URL’s as there is too much competition for the short ones.
A web page helps in growing the inflow of online visitors. That translates into bigger sales and increased profits.
And that is possible only if it is optimised appropriately, to start with.
9. Manufacture a keyword density of between 1% to 1.5% and not more or else the crawlers will punish you.
However, various tools calculate this element in differently.
Write around 500 useful words in any page and minimum 1500 in an article because the robots love long text.
10. Build a separate page for each key-phrase to produce a high natural ranking for your portal.
What is search engine optimisation ? Relevance is a key element in this function.
Then it also requires entering detailed information on a particular subject.
So, do you think you can you provide extensive knowhow on a topic if optimizing a single page for multiple key phrases ?
Hence, do not repeat the same focus keyphrase on another post or project within your website.
11. You can have a maximum of two hyphens in a domain name. The non-hyphenated will one also suffice.
In some scenarios a single dash can prove to be a powerful medium to acquire authority over 2 keyphrases.
12. YouTube is the best place for branding building. Then LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter, in descending order.
But don’t waste too much time in social media optimizing procedures.
13. Do not insert photos above 500 kb in size to enable fast loading of web pages on mobile phones.
And do not forget to create a balance in content and SEO task. Even a business slideshow should render quickly.
14. Procuring quality backlinks help in improving organic internet positioning of websites on Google.
One needs to email authoritative sources, requesting them for linking to you.
15. The premium version of Yoast optimization plugin is better than The RankMath Suite.
The former shows keyword density for not just the focus keyphrase but the remaining 4 too whereas the latter does that only for the main phrase.
Yoast displays a link counter in wp-admin panel at WordPress with details on volume of internal linking per post, project, page or testimonials.
The RankMath Suite also provides a table showing the count of such type of connections.
16. For a retail shopping domain, it’s better to use Magento or Shopify.
WordPress.com does not specialize on just E-commerce portal development, but all kinds.
But it is safe and has the best compatibility with WooCommerce. It is easy to manage & helps in achieving some bit of online exposure.
Whereas Shopify contains top-grade templates for designing retail portals.
17. Add your URL in the description of a YouTube Video, for increasing prominence.
But do not upload professional movies longer than 2 minutes in duration.
18. Guest blogging is essential. That helps in producing valuable inbound connects from verified authors having a high page rank.
Or else by which means would you gain exposure outside if confining yourself within own website ?
In addition, one ends-up losing the opportunity to gather quality backlinks in such a scenario.
19. Research your key phrases thoroughly as there is too much competition for the ones with top volume.
This is another aspect where the principle of balance in content and SEO comes into play.
Reason being, exploring the best keyphrase as a title of your web page is part of the optimising operation.
Whereas, publishing pages falls under the category of data creation.
So, on one hand it’s not much use developing superior but non-optimized matter as it won’t be searchable.
On the other part, just being a superstar in keyword selection would be fruitless until and unless the material is good enough.
20. It’s highly necessary to have a key-phrase containing domain name.
That assists in improving organic internet positioning of websites on Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Baidu etc. – Mr. C ended the interview.
Jesus. OK, let’s give it a last try by visiting Mr. D and ask him for his suggestions on the subject.
What Is Search Engine Optimisation For Quality Backlinks ?
These are Mr. D’s recommendations below after discussion on various issues related to the matter.
1. Focus on text. But you can insert 7 or 8 clear and high-resolution pictures (including videos) in web pages and blogs for styling.
Or else try to upload 1 media material for every 150 words you type inside a document.
This tactic will assist you maintaining a balance in content and SEO.
2. Smartphone-responsiveness is immensely required for initiating inflow of visitors browsing through hand-held devices.
In addition the accelerated mobile pages facility too is compulsory as the robots can sometimes display your AMP URL’s to cell phone users.
Don’t clutter your documents with a variety of components.
4. Don’t interconnect pages with a matching anchor text. Instead try and insert only one keyword inside it, to make it look natural.
Add 1 outgoing link for every 500 words you have on any page or blog post.
5. Publish only one high-value article every fortnight. That is enough to attain a satisfactory level of online presence.
It is impossible to write top class blogs twice or thrice a week.
6. Do not make header tags of all levels.
Instead just go up to Heading 3 and not further, or else you might lose the prominence of Headline 1 and 2.
And it is not necessary to form headers in a sequential order.
7. The Meta keyword tag is still vital – It makes it easier for the crawlers to clearly understand which key phrase, one is trying to rank for.
8. Long-tail URL’s are ok, but give first priority to short ones, so that they’re easily crawlable.
That also assists in improving organic internet positioning of websites on Google, Bing, Yahoo and Baidu.
In any case, users don’t type long searching phrases for queries.
9. A key-phrase density of slightly above 1% is too scarce.
It should be between 2.5% to 3% if you want to create a balance in content and SEO procedures.
And avoid writing more than 300 useful words in any page and 1000 in an article, as no one has the time to read more than that.
10. It’s moronic to have a separate page for each target keyword.
In such a case the robots would assume you’re creating a website for purely for online exposure and not for users.
It is advisable to optimise a web page for four or five key phrases instead of one.
11. Any person telling you to use 1 or 2 hyphens in a domain name is either insane or is not cognizant of the technique.
Mr. D in return added. Ok, you tell me. What is Search engine optimisation in this context ?
I couldn’t say anything. I kept quiet. So Mr. D continued : He said – You optimise a website to make it user-friendly. That’s it.
Then why unnecessarily add hyphens in domain names as such separators and end-up confusing the online audience ?
Who knows, the visitor might misinterpret the hyphen and think that he is instead browsing a subdomain of some website.
12. Facebook assists in generating the best traffic, followed by YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Twitter.
And remember – Just composing and optimising a website will not suffice. So promote your company at social media consistently.
13. Nowadays due to broadband, page size and ensuring quick loading speed are not much to worry about.
Hence one should insert only high-resolution photos inside pages, projects and blogs to create a balance in content and SEO.
14. Gaining quality backlinks for a website is part of the On-page optimizing process.
It is not possible to generate incoming connects if the recipient domain has inferior-value paragraphs, zero images and is difficult to navigate.
15. The RankMath Suite is a better optimization plugin than Yoast.
The former shows The Webmaster Tools Console data from within its own software, which the latter doesn’t.
Then, The RankMath Suite displays your exact optimization score in terms of number percentage but Yoast only shows colored dots.
16. Magento is for developers. A person unaware about the tricks of the trade, can neither optimise pages nor make any updations out there.
Shopify is a great option for making a retail shopping portal. It has many features and designer themes.
But it’s capabilities in terms of enabling a powerful natural visibility are not as efficient as WordPress possesses.
WooCommerce is a nice choice and can assist in improving organic internet positioning of websites on Google.
17. Adding a URL address in description of a YouTube Video assists in enhancing online visibility only to a certain extent.
Make professional videos of at least 4 minutes of duration for uploading here.
18. Why try guest blogging ? Wouldn’t you have own domain to publish as many articles as wanted ?
Nowadays, after the recent changes in the robotic algorithms, blog posting on external sources is penalized.
19. I’m not a great believer in too much of keyword research. It helps a bit though.
The web is not just about relevance. It is also about originality.
Personally, I find myself writing for the spiders if i’m finding a title for my blog through exploration.
20. It’s better not to add a focus keyword inside the main URL.
Using your company’s or organization’s name as the domain is the best option.
Your primary question was – What is search engine optimisation ? I hope I have answered you clearly – Mr. D finished the interview.
Now, there is no hard and fast rule when it comes to specific technical issues like creating a balance in content and SEO task.
It all depends upon the following factors !
- Your requirement, business location and focus areas.
- Budget, mindset, limitations, strengths, priorities, past experiences and current circumstances.
- Whatever satisfies you, own achievements, goals, level of seriousness for the operation.
- Kind of leads, clients and buyers targeted and profile of existing customers.
- Type and size of profession, educational background etc.
- The amount of time and resources you could personally dedicate for a refined website development exercise.
The main purpose of our writing this blog was not for educating our readers.
Basically, we wanted to express that the website building field is complex in character.
In addition, the optimization assignment involves a plethora of grey areas and unsolved puzzles.
But despite all that, experienced website developers are able to produce a potent product for publicity.
Boost Organic Internet Positioning Of Websites On Google
Ones aware of the need for website improvisation and the benefits of a company listing on Google , gain fresh leads.
That also assists in boosting exposure on the SERP’s and social media portals.
Marketers desire enhancing natural exposure while promoting pages and articles, as most visitors click on primary result listings.
The function of optimising a web page yields a higher number of clients and better sales returns as compared to traditional publicity modes.
That also helps in reaching out to 42% of searchers vs 23% through paid online advertising campaigns.
As far as we are concerned, we’re still asking ourselves – What is search engine optimisation and balance in content and SEO ?
Is it true that keywords and schema markup and quality backlinks help in improving organic internet positioning of websites on Google ?
Feel free to view our promotional video below !
- Designing fresh and newsworthy matter for portals.
- Offering digital publicity, online promotion services and SMO.
- Capable of shopping retail portal construction for selling products through E-commerce.
- Providing website optimization consultancy involving On-page enhancements and Off-site optimizing.
Which Are The Best B2B Website Making Portals ?
WordPress.com and Squarespace are the top two managed-hosting technologies for developing web pages for businesses providing services. We are excluding the Shopify option here as the platform is meant for E-commerce product selling sites only.
Are There Any Major Differences Between WordPress.com And Squarespace ?
1. Website Designing – One finds free themes inside the “business plan” of WordPress.com which need an additional paid or a free downloadable visual designer plugin for composing web pages as per personal taste i.e. if requiring infinite design functionalities. But having access to an inexhaustible volume of styling capabilities end-up making sites lesser search-engine-friendly. However, the in-built fully SEO-friendly Gutenberg software is more than enough to compose visually appealing layouts. Whereas Squarespace has ample number of free and ready-to-use templates which eliminate the requirement of downloading a supplementary add-on for customizing the design. However, the Squarespace does not yield a complete solution due to limitations in templates. Hence, due to WordPress.com providing full flexibility in website designing, makes it the best option despite needing installation of a separate visual composer plugin for extensive styling. Another difference here is that it is possible to buy and upload a premium third-party website building theme when using WordPress.com ! Whereas Squarespace does not permit uploading of third-party themes within its gateway.
2. Managed-hosting Pricing – WordPress.com charges $25 per month as subscription cost for building, anchoring and maintaining a professional website for establishments marketing their services at its “business plan”. Whereas the membership rates for the same service at Squarespace are $18 monthly. However, the annual costing on both platforms rises to almost double when it comes to developing E-commerce portals i.e. in case of a B2B domain.
3. Website Optimizing – Again WordPress.com is a more powerful gateway in this regard as it enables loading of strong plugins like Yoast or Rank Math Suite for producing optimized web pages. Whereas the website optimizing methodology inside Squarespace is more or less automated resulting in lesser control over customization features in this regard.
4. Migrating Websites – Broadly speaking the WordPress.com system offers much easier access during migrating a website in or outside its domain. Whereas Squarespace ends-up being a bit problematic in allowing a website export its data to any outside source.
5. Scalability In Websites – In general it is very simple to expand a professional website built at the WordPress.com gateway. Whereas as usual, due to limitations in functionalities the Squarespace portal is a lesser desired choice in this context.
Which Are Some Of The Similarities In Squarespace And WordPress.com ?
A. Mobile-responsiveness – Both platforms enable smartphone-compatibility inside web pages and other text based or media matter inside domains created within their systems.
B. Technology – The two gateways offer companies to develop portal-hosted websites i.e. help members run their domains through the managed-hosting system.
C. Usage – Both platforms are suitable to develop either business websites or else E-commerce portals. But the WordPress.com company again has an edge over Squarespace here as it integrates the world’s best WooCommerce software for building shopping sites.
D. Online Security – The two platforms dispense HTTPS URL’s hence are equally good in terms of keeping in-house matter safe from hacking or virus threats.