We own a medium size business and need to create an online publicity strategy for network expansion.
I thought let’s first get some idea about web development and factors helping in improving organic positioning for websites on Google and Bing.
Ms. A is a website optimization and digital marketing consultant, whom I approached first.
What is Search Engine Optimisation ? – Me Asking.
She answered :
- Designing well-formatted layouts.
- Mobile phone responsiveness.
- Intuitive navigation and
- Useful links are part of On-page Optimization, but pointless if the content is not good enough.etc.
An optimised user-oriented website is your best salesman as it helps you attract the target customer by filtering out the non-required user – She added.
Balance In Content and SEO For Procuring Quality Backlinks
Then I approached Ms. B, who is another website optimisation and digital marketing consultant.
She said – Informative online matter with topical sentences and purposeful images are important factors to improve user-experience.
But one cannot relate to it with a KING, because then it sounds as that such factors are everything to make an ideal website.
What’s the point of having genuine text, related page titles, headlines, relevant images and well designed web pages unless you are prominent online ? – She questioned.
A website requires a combination of both –
High-standard Content Creation
Search Engine Optimization
i.e. a parity within content creation and SEO !
Or else in the process of completing the former, one ends up compromising the latter or vice versa – She said.
Just creativity in generating blogs, text matter, pictures or videos is not enough for boosting inflow of natural traffic towards websites – She added.
The spiders need you to produce an equilibrium within that online promotional material and SEO, too – She concluded.
Now, whose advice should I accept ?
How does one evaluate up to what extent one should focus on while promoting websites on Google ?
Which are the main avoidable mistakes in SEO ?
Is there anyone who could spell out the topmost necessary factors for website optimization and digital marketing in descending order ?
How much time and money should one allocate and spend on which mode or facet, when you optimize visitor-friendly websites ?
Should it be like ?
• 35% fresh matter.
• 15% On-page Optimization.
• 10% mobile responsiveness.
• 10% blogs.
• 10% Off-page Optimization.
• 5% simple browsing functionality.
• 5% attractive design.
• 5% useful links and
• 5% PPC on social media networks !
Or should it be like ?
• 40% original matter.
• 15% On-page Optimization.
• 10% mobile phone compatibility.
• 10% blog posting.
• 5% Off-page optimization.
• 5% easy navigation.
• 5% design.
• 5% valuable links and
• 5% on PPC for social media presence !
How to judge, which one out of the two formulas above is the perfect combination ?
It seems balance in content and SEO procedures is all one needs to remember, while developing user-friendly websites.
What Is Search Engine Optimisation And Digital Marketing ?
SEO and online publicity helps websites in generating inward links from authoritative sources having a high page rank.
This is a major determinant for influencing rankings on the internet.
The best way to gather top quality backlinks from verified authors is by :
1. Producing original and relevant information.
2. Typing unique / descriptive sentences.
3. Genuine and meaningful blogs.
4. Creating interesting and informative pictures and videos.
5. Writing clearly readable text.
6. Enabling easily clickable links.
7. Making easy-to-find menus and
8. Social Media Marketing.
Download PDF file below, mentioning common abbreviations and acronyms in the website industry and explaining the difference between optimization and internet publicity :
Then I contacted few more consultants.
A Digital Marketing Consultant Speaking About Rankings On Google
Mr. C is an online advertising specialist.
I asked him – What is the meaning of website optimization and internet publicity ? He answered –
1. Just focus on high-calibre writing.
Don’t use more than three relevant images, infographics or videos on a page or blog or else it will look more like an online catalogue.
2. No need to think too much about keyword density.
Write around 600 useful words in any page and roughly 1200 in an article because the robots love long text.
3. Insert as many widgets and badges to give a multimedia kind of feel for the visitors and customers to the website.
4. Create internal connections within your best pages with near exact anchor text.
Preferably using two matching keywords or else that has zero value.
And add at least one external link to every page or blog too.
5. You are required to publish between three to four articles in a week.
Most bloggers write about the same few topics, often, but in different forms.
6. Have all page headers 1 to 6, if possible, because after all why does the Heading 5 or 6 exist ?
7. Don’t bother about the Meta keyword tag !
Most webmasters have abused that promotion strategy already, for trying to achieve high traffic on the internet.
8. Have long-tail URL’s as there is too much competition for the short ones.
A website helps in increased profits and that is possible only if it is optimized.
9. Create a keyword density of between 1% to 1.5% and not more or else the crawlers will punish you.
10. Build a separate page for each key-phrase otherwise one loses the context. After all relevance is everything.
11. You can have a maximum of two hyphens in a domain name. The non-hyphenated ones are fine too.
12. Google Plus is the best place for branding and digital marketing. Then LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter, in descending order.
13. Do not insert photos above 100 kb in size to enable fast loading for your website.
14. Gaining quality backlinks is part of Off-page Optimization.
One needs to email authoritative sources, requesting them for linking to you.
15. Submission on Webmaster Tools Console is also the Off-page variety.
We include that in our process regardless of whether one wants digital marketing from us or not.
16. For a shopping portal, it’s better to use Magento or Shopify vs WordPress – which does not focus on just e-commerce website development, but all kinds.
But it is the safest, has the best compatibility with WooCommerce, is easy to update and maintain and also helps in achieving an enhanced online exposure.
17. Add your URL in the description of a YouTube Video, for increasing prominence. Plus, that improves domain authority for companies too.
18. Guest blogging is essential, as that helps in producing valuable inbound links from verified authors having a high page rank.
19. Research your keyword thoroughly as there is too much competition for the top volume key-phrases.
20. It’s highly necessary to have a key-phrase containing domain name because that assists in enhancing the visibility for websites on Google and Bing.
Jesus. OK, let’s give it a last try and visit Mr. D.
And this is what he recommended when I discussed the points above with him –
An Internet Publicity Agent Explaining Online Marketing & SEO
1. Focus on text but you can insert 7 or 8 clear and high-resolution pictures on web pages and blogs to give a designer look to your website.
2. Keyword density is crucial.
Avoid writing more than 400 useful words in any page and 1000 in an article, as no one has the time to read more than that.
Short paragraphs are one of the vital requirements for better readability.
4. Don’t interconnect pages with a matching anchor text.
Instead try and insert only one keyword inside it, to make it look natural.
Add at least one outgoing link for every 100 words you have on any page or blog post.
5. Publish only one high-value article every fortnight, to ensure concentration on quality rather than quantity.
6. Do not make header tags in all sizes.
Instead just go up to Heading 3 and not further, or else you might lose the prominence of Headline 1 and 2.
7. The Meta keyword tag is still vital. It makes it easier for the crawlers to clearly understand which key phrase, one is trying to rank for.
8. Long-tail URL’s are ok, but give first priority to short ones, so that they’re easily crawlable.
That also enhances user-experience in websites.
9. A key-phrase density of slightly above 1% is too low.
It should be between 2.5% to 3% if you want to beat competitors in online ranking and attain a high visibility on the SERP’s.
10. It’s moronic to have a separate page for each keyword.
In such a case the robots would think you’re creating a website for purely for internet exposure and not for users.
11. Any person telling you to use one or two hyphens in a domain name is either insane or is not cognizant of the technique.
12. Facebook helps in generating the best traffic, followed by Pinterest, Google Plus, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter.
13. Nowadays due to broadband, a website’s size and ensuring quick loading speed are not much to worry about.
Hence one should insert only high-resolution photos inside websites !
14. Gaining quality backlinks is part of the On-page Optimization process.
Whoever calls it the Off-page category is either crazy or trying to dupe you.
How can one generate incoming links or internet traffic one’s website has low-value paragraphs, zero images and a difficult to navigate ?
15. URL Submission on Webmaster Tools Console is Off-page Optimization, but not part of SEM.
16. Magento is for developers. A person not knowing the tricks of the trade, can neither optimise his website nor make any updations.
Shopify is a great option as it has many features.
But it’s capabilities in terms of enabling a high natural visibility are not as efficient as WordPress possesses.
WooCommerce is a nice choice too.
It is most search-engine-friendly and makes if possible for a non-professional to manage and carry out updations.
17. Though adding a URL address in description of a YouTube Video helps in enhancing online visibility, but it is not any major determinant for the same.
18. Why do you want to try guest blogging ? Wouldn’t you have own website to publish as many articles as wanted ?
19. I’m not a great believer in too much of keyword research. It helps a bit though.
The web is not just about relevance. It is also about originality.
Keywords need to be topical as well as unique.
20. It’s better not to add a keyword inside the URL.
Using your company’s or organization’s name as the domain is the best option.
Now, there is no hard and fast rule when it comes to such specific technical issues like creating a balance in content and SEO processes.
It all depends upon :
- The customer’s requirement.
- What satisfies one or has achieved so far or aiming for.
- Kind of leads and buyers targeted.
- Type-of and size of profession and
- The amount of time one can dedicate for refining own website.
Companies aware of the need for website improvisation, gain leads and exposure on the SERP’s and social media networks too.
1. Duplicate words and photos.
2. Flash based animations.
3. Over-optimising anchor text and
4. Animated image based menus are negative practices in the SEO task.
Download below, Microsoft PPS Slide related to : Avoidable Techniques in Website Optimization –
All marketers desire improving organic positioning on the SERP’s as most visitors click on natural results listings.
Optimizing a website yields in higher returns and helps in reaching out to 42% of internet searchers vs 23% through paid online advertising campaigns.
As far as I’m concerned i’m still asking myself -What is search engine optimisation and digital marketing, after all ?
PJ SEO Specialists Phone Number and Company URL Address. Website SEO Experts in New Delhi, India. Aiming for developing audience-oriented web pages for clients. Short Promotional Video, below :