Is it an absolute must for major corporates and well established brands to optimize, promote and market their sites ? Not really, in our opinion.
Amount of direct hits they generate on web pages, are enough to impress Google, Bing, Baidu, Yahoo or DuckDuckGo.
However, even after already reaching a dominating position, being aware of the need for SEO they do hire website developers to optimize their portals.
That assists them in attaining higher growth levels. Brand building is a common exercise undertaken by big business houses to preserve their reputation.
No one can afford losing customers and online promotion ends up being a part of the entire process.
On-site optimisation is an in-house procedure improving user-experience.
Whereas Off-page optimising involves promotion on the crawlers in addition to social media.
Just to clarify, when you say : “Optimizing A Website”, then it is self-implied that such an undertaking is “Organic” in character.
There is a difference between natural and inorganic result listings though.
Actually the corporate houses are aware of the fact that it requires 5 separate in-house divisions to build a quality website !
- 1 – Coding and programming section.
- 2 – Content writing branch.
- 2 – Online designing and UX department.
- 3 – Search engine optimisation wing.
- 4 – And a digital promotion division.
But medium scale establishments are either unaware of this necessity or else are non-serious about the assignment, hence unwilling to spend resources out there.
And the remaining chunk of the middle size firms are under the impression that just publicizing sites through paid publicity is all one requires to acquire clients.
So, it may become tough for compact level enterprises to obtain fresh buyers through a website because it demands substantial investment in forming quality content.
And small firms owing to lack of understanding end-up developing non-optimized sites because it is considered as a fancy business promotion tool.
However, instead of regarding a website as a fashionable instrument, one needs to know that conversely it is supposed to be an informative tool.
And unfortunately there are many which do now know that it requires an immense investment not only initially but also regularly to produce such a product.
Nor are they cognizant of the fact that until and unless a full-fledged exercise is implemented, the entire expenditure on a half-baked effort is a waste.
Having said that, chargeable online advertising does at least compensate for the lapses to some extent in scenarios when you do not want to invest in all components.
So the moral of the story is that medium scale establishments have no other option but to come to terms with this principle.
And compact level enterprises ought to shift to non-website based internet publicity mediums.
Large Companies Understand The Need For SEO
Big scale enterprises realize the obligation of optimising their pages, portfolios and article posts.
But they know that the undertaking would be useless unless they are good at production.
Likewise, to attract new and untapped buyers from remote areas, online marketing is a crucial requirement for any company.
One may feel quite happy with the amount of business already in-hand.
But when entrepreneurs want more and are unable to procure further clients, they evaluate mediums such as internet promotion.
Often it is a problem in generating enough through current network or within own city.
A website is the best marketing tool in such cases as below !
- There is a desire for reaching out to consumers from distant locations.
- Obtaining a set of clients which one does not even know that exist.
- Acquiring fresh buyers due to the necessity of replacing few old ones with a new list.
It’s not that old fashioned forms of advertising don’t work. They do too.
Traditional publicity modes have own advantages and a place in the entire business promotion sphere.
But the ones cognizant of the need for SEO, do maintain user-friendly domains.
Such a portal gives one an edge over competitors having non-optimized, irrelevant, stale non-informative or mobile-unfriendly content.
The urgency for optimization of websites in well established brands depends upon the following aspects !
- Nature of their activity.
- Goals, priorities and other factors.
Big businesses having non-mobile customers, might or may not lose substantial market share if their content is only partly smartphone responsive.
But still their portals are fully cellphone-friendly, rendering the best possible user-experience.
Such sites with fast loading and responsive pages achieve a high visibility on Google and Bing organic listings.
However, that advantage of optimizing web pages in some scenarios is superfluous in the end, as the topmost service wins.
No matter how much you enhance or advertise for bettering online positioning, one needs to first improve operations.
So, optimizing a website being the last step. Factors which matter in descending order of business progress are as follows !
- First* -Improving efficiency levels of your own profession and satisfying buyers.
- Second** – Developing an audience-oriented portal.
- Third*** – Off and On page Optimizing activities.
Though all three procedures are inevitable, but the first two steps, are in particular, more vital.
A website would be considered properly built, when the second** function is carried out.
And appropriately optimised, if the third*** step is implemented.
You can save a lot of effort when you understand the need for SEO and employ modern avenues of marketing.
Non-optimized content is as good as an online brochure and useless actually.
Major enterprises and well established brands have their web pages improvised for high-volume keywords.
Some guides on optimising pages, projects and article posts below !
- Try to keep key phrase density lower than usual.
- Aim to develop extraordinarily high-quality and relevant content.
- Choose LSI keyphrases in place of secondary keywords when improvising text for a popular brand.
- Focus on usability, navigation, menu structure, accessibility, readability, originality and relevance.
Urgency For Optimization Of Websites For Visitors
Top class optimized sites require components of different varieties as follows !
- Consequential external and internal links for references.
- Topical words in text body.
- Easy Navigation.
- Bonafide and detailed information.
- A balanced keyword density.
- Topic specific and useful content.
- Appropriate page titles and headlines.
- Proper meta tags and descriptions.
- A clean interface to empower a reasonable level of presence on Google and Bing organic listings.
It might be counterproductive vis a vis a website’s popularity, when priorities are reversed as below.
For example – In cases where one gives the last preference to enhancing own product or service but instead keeps the optimisation task at the forefront.
It is imperative for middle level and small enterprises to realize the need for SEO and try to build a market reputation.
A combination of On and Off-site optimizing practice is the best way to achieve such a goal.
Online promotion saves time, expenses and resources which you would spend otherwise on old-fashioned methods of advertising.
Businesses should discern that the first thing they require for publicity is a website, not a sales manager.
Or else they would keep spending too much on traditional marketing.
Until becoming cognizant of the market environment, it’s difficult to compete with competitors employing modern modes of promotion.
It’s not that an optimized portal comes at a cheap price. It’s quite an expensive service too.
But one would probably spend that much in just 1 week in displaying products in a trade exhibition or maybe in business touring.
The process of optimization of websites does not necessarily mean improving organic visibility on major search engines !
It is a procedure which is more focused on making in-house data to be user-friendly and customer-oriented.
Web pages empowered through or having ingredients as below !
- Relevant headers.
- Appropriate design.
- Topical images.
- AMP-friendly elements.
- Unique and educative blogs !
- Informative, newsworthy and simply readable matter.
- An overall responsive interface, are the ones which can be considered as near to ideal.
Such is the kind of matter which is inevitably produced for the robots besides users and helps in sales generation too.
On-Page Optimisation For Well Established Brands
It is possible to find non-optimized sites owned by big corporates, but still carrying high internet rankings.
But why would a major firm neglect the opportunity as they are already aware of the need for SEO ?
Exceptions always exist, however. They know that promotion through web pages is more powerful than advertising.
Video below describing the following !
- Google and Bing collect information about every page on the web to help people find what they are looking for.
- Every search engine has a secret website ranking criteria called the “Algorithm” which turns the user-query into useful listing results.
- If you have a website then online ranking matters. The higher your positioning more people find you.
- Search engine optimisation helps in meeting the criteria which the robots require to determine rankings.
- Words, titles, links and reputation are some of the parameters the crawlers consider before deciding which page to place at what position.
- Sites with a consistent record of fresh, engaging content and a growing number of quality backlinks do good in search rankings.
Purposeful words, titles & newsworthy matter are ingredients of good web pages, helping in producing higher online traffic on SERP’s.
While working on On-page Optimisation for a frontpage, remember the following points !
- URL Address.
- Main Site Name.
- Homepage title and 1 or 2 headings should contain the top keyphrase to improve chances of better positioning at natural listing results.
Organic optimisation is the key to obtain a respectable position for your domain at the internet.
The robots display only quality content and valuable information within their natural listing result pages.
It Is Important To Understand The Need For SEO
Large companies, in general do produce optimized content and such sites by-default encourage the audience to browse their pages adequately.
And one ought to create a positive impression with the user. That also improves visibility on major search engines and enhances lead conversions.
Download PDF document below mentioned few additional aspects about website optimisation !
- Provide content that helps your readers fulfil their goals on your portal.
- Ensure that your web pages load fast.
- Put the most vital information first i.e. at the top of the page.
- Include focus keywords inside permalinks.
Create relevant links inside all pages and test if your data is mobile-friendly.
Be careful with distance, frequency and placement of primary and secondary keywords, during optimization of websites.
How internet marketing helps in increasing sales turnover and revenues for businesses – Video by Google !
- One of the benefits of going online is that your establishment will be visible at the search engines.
- A potential customer can learn a lot about your products, read testimonials from happy clients and pricing details through your website.
- Prospects sometimes contact you, reach your social media promotion profiles to find trade related tips, photos and videos.
- You can also gain valuable feedback from potential buyers helping in learning what they want.
- Search engine advertising assists in reaching target consumers in specific areas looking for the exact goods you sell.
- The opportunity to reach online purchasers locally as well as worldover is too big to ignore.
Traditional advertising is the most commonly used medium for sales in many countries.
However, as per a reformed global professional atmosphere, not realising the importance of optimisation, is a mistake.
One should first start with steps as below !
- Making a website !
- Compose unrivaled content.
- Apply On-page optimisation.
- Engage in social media publicity.
- Use the webmaster tools console and create online map listings.
- SEM vis a vis Google Ads and Bing Ads.
- Social network promotion on YouTube Channel Ads, Facebook Advertising, Pinterest Business, LinkedIn Sponsored Ads.
- And finally opt for traditional publicity.
However, one might require changing the order depending upon nature of their activity.
Because well established brands have a unique character and a separate type of buyers or clients.
But, compact and middle level firms cognizant of the significance of an optimised domain could use the 8-pointer strategy as above.
So to avoid putting the cart before the horse, it is important to understand the need for SEO and conditions and circumstances around it.
Remember, optimized web pages are a costly commodity. But they turn out to be the cheapest tool for marketing.
One can grow a business through networking within own existing professional circle.
But, meeting new people, in general ends-up in finding more potential customers. And online publicity is the most convenient avenue to ensure that.
Be it a middle, small or a renowned company – All must become aware of the urgency for optimization of websites for visitors in the very beginning.
How To Optimize A Website ?
Total Time: 200 days
1. Create Awesome Web Content
The most crucial requirement for optimizing a web page is to begin with creating original, readable, engaging and relevant text and photos inside web pages alongside in-house blog posts.
2. Choose A Short Domain Name
Opt for a domain of less than 16 alphabets containing your brand name. Avoid numbers or special characters inside.
3. Form A Website Title
The main website title should ideally be the same as your company name.
4. Opt For The Managed Web Hosting System
Websites built, designed and hosted within one single platform like WordPress.com or similar have a slight upper hand over sites developed on the self-hosting technology which involve a separate server gateway, involvement of a third-party theme software, collaboration with another portal supplying a page-composer and so on.
5. Enhance Your Online Content
Develop proper page titles, write short paragraphs, generate appropriate meta-data, make striking page headlines, design a simple navigation functionality, do not engage in keyword stuffing, eliminate all forms of web-spam, never purchase incoming links, produce internal and outward connections and refrain from a focus on designing.
6. Promote Your Website
Open accounts on Bing and Google Webmaster Tools, Upload genuine videos at own YouTube Channel, Begin an active LinkedIn Company Page, Start activities at GoogleMyBusiness and Bing Places, Generate a Pinterest Business Profile in addition to a Facebook Page for sharing latest updates and knowledge about the industry you are connected with.