There are many portals available which can help in producing online content for website promotion and lead generation purposes.
Let us discuss some of the top tools related to internet marketing – SlideShare, Animaker, Canva and Google Slide Presentations.
Most domains mentioned above have their own strengths and limitations in creating marketable content for website promotion and attracting buyers.
Animated commercial videos, different types of fancy animations assist in sales growth.
Discussing the topic below only based on the free versions, to simplify comparison :
Using SlideShare For Promoting Marketable Content For Websites
- Purpose : This portal helps in purely publicizing your slides.
The other software under discussion here, assist in both –
Producing Online Content for internet marketing !
Designing advertising material.
However, you’re allowed to add a YouTube Video URL, inside slideshows here.
So, this application is helping in part production of documents too.
The effect of publicity here is quite substantial for acquiring leads and clients.
- Uploads – One needs to create some document first in the form of either a PDF, or any of the Microsoft PowerPoint formats.
Or else a simple text file and then upload on the platform.
You are free to add a URL of one or more videos from YouTube or from own Google Drive inside the sliders.
The same is watchable and easy to view within the presentation.
A fantastic feature, as this adds a punch to the deck. You can insert more than one URL by the way.
- Quality – The picture resolution sharpness is top grade.
- Animation – The biggest limitation here.
As many PPT files are interactive, one feels disappointed at SlideShare flattening out the moving objects.
This website rejects a fantastic characteristic from a PPS, one is left wanting for more.
- Hyperlinks – It’s software automatically removes links in the first 3 pages of a Microsoft PPS or Adobe PDF.
Links from the fourth slide onwards work normally.
- Background Audio – SlideShare does not allow music in content uplinked on its platform.
The sound inside the uploaded document becomes muted automatically here.
However, speakers recorded voice, such as explainer notes, are allowed and audible after uploading.
The only website with this facility, out of all four here, making it unique in that sense.
The option to re-upload an updated PPS version, which overwrites the previous version, is another useful feature.
- Integration with Social Media – It has a direct connection with LinkedIn, being its subsidiary.
The main reason for extra exposure for SlideShare Decks.
As most others, it provides option to share on few other social media networks as well.
- Embedding – The site extends a provision in such a feature, which is helpful.
A second embed code, especially for WordPress websites is another advantage.
- Downloads – It is possible to downlink the slideshow only in the same file type, the user uploads originally.
Nevertheless, this limitation is natural, as this application is not supposed for creating marketable content for websites.
- Size – The output is limited up to 300 MB.
Instead this portal is a sales promotional tool for companies.
This would suffice as the maximum allowable size for PowerPoint files is 100 Megabytes.
Another positive aspect, as it generates ample room for the kind of users needing to upload a heavy document.
- Length of Deck – One is allowed to have as many slides inside a single deck, here.
- In-house Visibility – This platform provides an enormous exposure in front of business circles.
- Traffic from Search Engines – The portal presents a wide scope in yielding organic visibility on internet.
It has a large number of subscribers.
The document, if of a high quality and embedded inside your website provides ample exposure.
Canva for Producing Online Content for Website Promotion
- Purpose : You can design various types of sales publicity and internet advertising material here.
Out of the four top tools for marketing (under discussion), this medium is special.
It assists both – website designing companies and printing industry professionals too.
Businesses commonly create banners, social media graphics, brochures and slide presentations for websites here.
One may even use it for personal use, as it has a beautiful variety of book cover, photo collage and other templates.
- Uploads – This is another strong characteristic of Canva.
Even the SVG format is importable, which is a unique trait of this portal.
The only platform with this facility, here.
What’s more, you are also free to insert EPS files, adding further strength to this application.
For regular images, JPEG’s are importable here.
Just like SlideShare, one can embed one or more YouTube URL’s here as well.
The same video is viewable if one switches to the presentation-mode in the PDF.
Finally, importing images directly from one’s Facebook Account, is also permitted here.
- Quality – The resolution is of a top class standard.
But surprisingly, sometimes the document’s dimensions change after publishing on its portal.
It’s software might on some occasions, crop the finished template from the sides, leaving you to wonder why it happened.
The weakest point of this program.
- Animation – The portal does not render any such features.
Having said that, the facilities and options for graphic and website designing are elaborate.
Undoubtedly, one is able to produce visually attractive PDF’s and image files.
One may add photos, shapes, icons, illustrations, word art in multiple categories.
It has a variety of layouts, elements, grids, frames, charts and fonts needed for producing online content for websites.
- Hyperlinks – You are allowed to create as many links within the artwork or document, as required.
- Background Audio – Not available on this application, due to obvious reasons.
- Integration with Social Media – Canva does not possess any direct connection with any such network.
However, you may manually promote the link, by sharing on Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
- Embedding – Full marks here.
Even this software presents a second embed code, especially for WordPress sites.
- Downloads – One finds three options for downloading – PDF, PNG and JPEG.
- Size – The output is limited to 50 MB, which is sufficient in most cases.
- Length of PDF – Only up to a maximum number of 15 pages are allowable in a single presentation.
Maybe a little improvement required from Canva.
- In-house Visibility – It would be premature to expect any significant traffic towards your artwork here.
This portal is relatively new in comparison with others under discussion.
This medium is suited for creating marketable content for websites, designing and multimedia advertising instead of being utilized as a business publicity tool.
- Traffic from Search Engines – This software does not render any notable organic visibility to its output files embedded in your website.
However, it helps in producing online content for website promotion – Advertising material, documents, posters etc.
The designing capabilities on Canva are very powerful.
Animaker for Creating Marketable Content For Websites
- Purpose : It’s possible to produce animated cartoon and infographic based 2D explainer videos here.
One can add photos, shapes, web icons, backgrounds and illustrations within your workspace on this portal.
This is a wonderful component you find on this digital advertising medium.
A wide variety of backgrounds, themes and different types of fonts is available too.
- Uploads – You’re allowed to import PNG and JPEG pictures and MP3 sound files within one’s library and workspace here.
- Quality – Clarity and sharpness in the produced file is of a high standard and easily shareable.
The resolution is sharp, easy to view and strikingly awesome.
- Animation – This platform helps in developing dynamic cartoon visuals and producing online content for website promotion.
It’s user-friendly and makes it easy to develop short animated movies, multimedia advertisements and creating marketable content for websites.
Another component one finds on Animaker is the choice to shape-out dynamic infographics with appealing motion designs.
The screen effects in particular are brilliant.
The “enter” and “end” effects used for animating objects or text, present many types of interesting options.
- Hyperlinks – For obvious reasons, this provision is not present within Animaker.
This application assists in rendering an entertaining experience to explainer films.
- Background Audio – Another exceptional component here.
Some voice tracks available are quite pleasant sounding.
Importing one’s own MP3 sound-byte is permitted here.
- Integration with Social Media – Animaker is not directly integrated with any network.
This program assists you in traffic generation indirectly.
It is possible to export the movie to both YouTube and Facebook.
- Embedding – Unfortunately, this amenity is not available here.
- Downloads – There is no such provision for downloading the movie directly from Animaker.
This portal is very different from others in this aspect.
After exporting to YouTube, one can either download or embed the shareable video, from there.
Whereas, Facebook displays only an embeddable code in such a case.
- Size – It’s possible to upload photos up to 5 MB, inside one’s picture library in this platform.
This may not be an adequate limit in some cases, though.
However, an image compression software might come in handy in such a scenario.
An additional 5 Megabyte can be utilized for importing MP3 sound files too.
Maybe there is no maximum limit for the output size, but the videos are light, considering the resolution quality.
Most likely the produced two minute film will be less than 15 MB, including the audio.
Hence another plus in Animaker’s favor.
- Length of Video – One can make different types of short 2D movies, up to two minutes long, here.
- In-house Visibility – One might not witness any considerable exposure from within this platform.
One of the top tools for producing online content for website promotion and making animated infographic sliders.
So this medium does not render any significant natural visibility to your movie on the internet.
Animaker undoubtedly assists in building exclusive films and whiteboard animations.
Google Slide Presentations for Websites
- Purpose : One can conveniently furnish top class multimedia material, PDF documents and SVG files on this platform.
The availability of diverse tools like –
2. Designer templates.
6. Assorted charts makes this application the most effectual out of the ones under discussion.
This popular portal assists in designing elegant looking slide presentations for websites.
It helps in creating marketable content for business publicity too.
The platform has some special features like Autosave, which takes care of easy recovery through Google Docs.
Another benefit is that it gives the option to make the documents or slideshows visible only to selected viewers, if required.
- Uploads – This specialized program is quite extraordinary on this front too.
You are free to add a URL of one or more videos from YouTube or from your own Google Drive.
One can also import slides of almost any kind, including the animated ones.
You’re allowed to insert photos in almost all sorts of formats from your hard drive or else through any URL too.
- Quality – Just like Canva, the visual precision in images is remarkable here too.
- Animation – Google Slides is truly very easy to use for launching interactive designs too.
It has a trouble-free interface allowing effortless assemblage while developing slide presentations for websites.
The moving objects work smoothly and the “zoom in” and “spin” effects in particular, are magnificent.
- Hyperlinks – Yes, the facility to insert links is allowed and they work perfectly after publishing the slide.
- Background Audio – The only prominent handicap here.
It is not possible to add any music or audible speaker notes in a Google Slides Presentation.
You may insert relevant text notes though.
Nevertheless, as the remaining amenities are first class, this shortcoming is negligible.
- Integration with Social Media – It has a connection with Google Docs, which is a vastly popular portal.
The manual link sharing possibilities here are adequate to assist in lead generation.
- Embedding – The platform dispenses an embed code also which works on almost all kinds of software including WordPress.
This application helps in acquiring customers through Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Twitter etc.
- Downloads – You’re allowed to save files in several versions – PPTX, Plain Text, PDF, ODP, JPEG, PNG and SVG.
A remarkable design element here is that it gives so much flexibility in many areas –
I. Be it producing online content for website promotion.
III. Motion designing.
This tool does not allow downloading the output in MP4 directly.
But it’s possible to make a video after opening the produced PPTX and exporting the same in MP4.
Very few portals are permitting conversion within different file types within their own gateway.
So one may derive that you can convert your slideshow into either SVG, PNG, JPG, PDF, ODP or PPTX after importing any other format this platform offers.
A very robust factor indeed.
- Size – The output is limited up to 100 MB, which is more than enough for most users.
- Length of the PPTX, ODP or PDF – One can have as many slides inside a particular deck here.
- In-house Visibility – Unlike the other three, this tool does not present an interface as such to help the audience view your published designs from within this portal.
But as one publishes the finalized file to Google Docs, the same is visible there and viewable by everyone.
- Traffic from Search Engines – Like SlideShare, even this platform can help in generating a fair bit of organic internet visibility !
Subject to the condition that the slide is engaging and contains informative images and sensible matter for the audience.
And of course animations, if included, can be the icing on the cake.
Undoubtedly, a great tool for creating marketable content for website promotion and making slides.
To conclude, all these four portals have their pros and cons.
But all are significantly easy to to use for producing online content, building top class websites and digital marketing.
And not to forget, that the paid versions are far more potent, barring Google Slides which provides the full version totally free.
PJ SEO Specialists, South Delhi, India – Experts in making top quality slideshows and videos for promotion of web pages ! Helping clients in growing sales and revenues through digital marketing :