From April 2, 2019, Google would be hiking prices for its trending online tool namely G Suite which helps companies in boosting their work performance.
Members under the basic plan would now need to pay 6 instead of 5 dollars per month to continue using this online professional productivity solution.
Whereas, subscribers enrolled under the business edition would be charged 12 in place of 10 dollars per month.
The original version of this immaculate set of online programs helping in enhancing office work, contained the following :
- Google For Work.
- Education Partner Program.
- And Sites !
Having continuing with a never ending upgradation drive, one gets the feeling that Google despite this hike in charges is still offering products in this pack at a throw away price.
Hence, it is totally understandable if G Suite is increasing rates for its subscription.
Features in all of the products in this collection have been undergoing regular enhancements at an extremely fast pace.
Recently Refined Services By Google
Mentioned below are few of the fresh functions added inside various individual software as in the list above, since 2016 :
- Hangouts has been vastly modernized with powerful video conferencing amenities.
- It is now possible to track changes made by team members in Docs, Slides and Sheets. Additionally, templates with innovative design having in-built add-ons are now available within the same applications.
- Cloud Search, which is one of the latest additions in this set of tools now integrates Slides, Sheets and Docs through the “explore option”. However, this amenity is available for the Business and Enterprise category subscribers only. It now shows informational details across Gmail, Drive, Calendar and Sites too.
- Drive too has been updated, aiding team members work in a more secured manner than before. Additionally, “Vault for Drive” now enables admins have greater control to manage and control company data on the Cloud. But, these two features are being offered to the Enterprise and Business edition subscribers only.
- The “Quick Access” facility in Drive is now powered by artificial intelligence helping management teams save time and make smarter decisions.
- Calendar too has been improved to assist companies (while using Hangouts Meet) in creating add-ons, view and join a video conference, directly through either the Calendar event or from book rooms in Microsoft Exchange.
- Sheets has become a stronger software after integration with SAP with the ability to import ERP content inside.
- Hangouts Chat is permitting much more secure team messaging opportunity than it did before.
- The machine learning technology incorporated in G Suite Gmail is efficiently removing spam messages from user accounts. It has been refurbished with checking phishing emails that may have links. It also contains a software called “Smart Reply” which presents three options as short simple answers which users can choose from, for responding to messages quickly. Furthermore, “Smart Compose” is another fantastic innovation, suggesting complete sentences while people draft mails.
- Finally, the entire productivity pack has been revamped with mobile management controls. It has been assisting IT admins know about suspicious activities or understand when a device was hijacked, rooted or jailbroken.
List Of Innovative Products Introduced By Google
In the last three years, the company has inducted following 5 new items in this basket of amazing collaborative online programs :
- Google Keep.
- Cloud Search !
- Work Insights.
Not to forget, the five new items in the list above are supplemental to the recently refined services by Google.
Note : The prices are being hiked for membership under the basic and the business edition only. The annual enrollment cost for the Enterprise category would remain the same as before, for the time being.