Both Google and Bing have recently updated features inside their webmasters tool accounts.
The former has overhauled its entire platform regarding most issues :
- While removing many properties which are no longer important.
- And inserting or replacing some components which are significant as per advancements related to optimizing websites !
Whereas the latter has made few minor additions inside its portal.
Discussing only two aspects out of the many, concerned with such kind platforms :
- Submission of permalinks.
- The data highlighter tool.
The content marking module here has now started displaying sidebars too (if you have any) within your in-house blog posts or web pages.
Kindly spot the green color bordered vertical rectangle surrounding text inside the screenshot image below !
It seems this change has been made only two days ago, as previously this interface used to display content only inside the main page text body, available for markup.
At least that’s what i remember, if not mistaken.
This is a useful amenity as it gives one an opportunity to highlight more content than before.
Submit 10000 Internal URL’s In One Day At Bing Webmaster Tools
Till last year, one could add only 10 links within a span of 24 hours and up to a maximum limit of 50 within 1 month, residing inside own website.
But since the beginning of January, 2019, it is allowed to recommend ten thousand permalinks of either web pages or blogs you have in-house, in 1 day.
Maybe that is a monthly limit. I’m not sure.
Please see the blue colored horizontal rectangle border inside the screenshot image below, which is self-explanatory !
Even this latest facility is a valuable element, which could help websites in obtaining a quicker recognition within this crawler while they index the same.
The rules earlier, sometimes felt a bit too restrictive.
Few Differences In Google Search Console And Bing Webmaster Tools
Touching upon some of the dissimilarities within the two platforms, only confined to the 2 aspects of submitting links and structured data markup :
- One can suggest up to 300 individual URL’s per month or 10 per day with the Google crawler. It is also permits you to propose a maximum of 3 permalinks every 24 hours, in cases where the option for suggesting the same with its “direct links included” is chosen. Whereas the Bing spider is now allowing proposing ten thousand in 1 day or maybe as a monthly limit, probably.
- The former portal provides a wonderful component for structured content marking. Whereas there is no such kind of element within the latter.