How to choose an SEO expert and what to do for achieving better website results on Google natural searches ?
Let’s say you have 10 web pages inside your site and need the content improvised for finding leads and acquiring clients.
Now, by which method does one judge a genuine website optimisation consultant ?
Where to find a reliable agency specializing in online publicity services ? What To Do To Select An Internet Marketing Company for your business ?
Why optimize websites for procuring buyers ?
Why not use digital publicity instead as it generates adequate traffic for businesses ?
Some ways to find out could be to ask them the following questions !
- Are they prepared to show own online grading through any digital audit or live comparison chart ?
- Do they take quality content approach for websites ?
- What publicity channels do they use for promoting business establishments ?
Let us cover some questions and answers related elements which determine the magnitude of natural visibility in domains.
And of course pertaining to small portals as already mentioned.
Regular updations in ranking algorithms as mentioned below are inducing big changes in website results on Google !
- Crawling mobile pages before desktop versions.
- High priority for fast loading speed.
- Appreciating content relevance towards the document title.
- Dislike for excessive pop-up Ads.
The urgency for optimization is a common desire for the ones cognizant of the benefits of shifting to modern mediums of publicity.
How To Choose An SEO Expert Or Internet Marketing Company
Q1. Do you think an online promotion specialist promising to optimise each of your page for 10 keywords is truthful ?
And what about an agency which commits undertaking the same assignment for less than 5 key phrases ?
A1. Well, the latter is a genuine website optimisation consultant !
Ranking for 100 keyphrases in a small site is a near impossible task.
The rationale behind such a statement is that we are discussing a compact sized domain with roughly 10 pages only here.
In such a scenario the 1st service provider performing the operation would end-up enhancing each document for ten key phrases.
And most likely such a volume might yield keyword-stuffed paragraphs in the entire text body.
And this type of practice is highly detested by the crawlers.
Q2. Would you feel impressed with a professional saying that a portal could be search engine-unfriendly if it’s domain name has a hyphen within two words inside the URL ?
Or maybe something like – The key-phrase density should be minimum 5% to enable the best possible promotion ?
A2. Trash that kind of advise, please.
Domain names with a single or double dash in between words are search-engine-compliant.
One may avoid the same practice however or else try and reduce two hyphens to one, though.
And a keyword density of roughly 2% is more than enough, in most cases.
However, factors like the length of the key phrase and word count does necessitate alterations while calculating such an element.
Gain Top Website Results On Google Organic Listings
Q3. Would you agree with an internet marketing company saying that websites built on WordPress.com or Shopify have too many limitations ?
Hence not likely to produce an ideal outcome on organic listings ?
A3. Once again. A classic example of either lack of knowledge or some vested interest in mind.
Advantages of making a website, hosted at WordPress.com are as below !
- An easy moving-to and shifting-from, process.
- Compatibility with the world’s best plugin for optimization – Yoast.
- Collaboration with the topmost e-commerce shopping portal plugin – WooCommerce.
- And the potential to obtain high visibility and online traffic.
Similar platforms too come with most of the benefits (as in the bullet list above). Though, not as many as one can find at WordPress.com !
Limitations may still exist but from a broader perspective it is advisable to work within those boundations.
Q 4. How to choose an SEO Expert when you have no idea about websites ?
A4. There could be different approaches applied to start a portal under such circumstances.
Primarily it all depends upon your style of working and mindset.
However if you may, follow such a route for selecting a genuine website optimisation consultant !
I. Find an agency whom you think is capable. Maybe you could type-in a few searching phrases with a mixture of four or five words.
II. Example Words – website, your location city, online, search engine, digital, promotion, publicity, builders, designers, companies.
III. Remember, be realistic while exploring for agencies which fit-in with your requirement.
IV. You would only harm own chances if you punch-in generic combinations like – “Digital+Professional” or “Publicity+India”.
V. An appropriate sample searching string may be – “Internet Marketing Company + City Name ” or “Agencies + Building + Websites + Location”.
VI. Meet the ones within the top website results on Google organic listings section.
VII. Evaluate if you would like to appoint anyone out of them.
VIII. Or else go by your own gut-feeling after discussing the matter with a few official associates having a thorough knowledge on the subject.
Q5. What if your website service provider comes up with a plan about buying links ?
And suggests compensating that expenditure by monetizing through online advertisements i.e. monetizing your site ?
A5. Don’t buy that story, do not purchase backlinks and avoid filling up your web pages with Ads.
Advertising banners and posters are best if used in the minimal fashion inside websites.
Both – Users as well as the robots prefer clutter-free pages which process easily readable sentences.
The optimal mode for linking websites with external sources (i.e. acquiring inward connections) is when facilitated through a natural manifestation.
The Search Engine Ranking Algorithm is continuously looking for higher quality content.
Mobile-compatibility is also an important factor as time is progressing.
Q6. Do you think that if a digital publicity professional could be correct if it advises the following in descending order ?
- Elegant design.
- Topic specific content.
- Social media and email promotion.
- Online Slides and presentations.
- Topical videos and infographics.
- Quick loading speed with easy browsing facility.
- Valuable backlinks.
- URL submission on your Webmaster Tools Console.
- Blog publishing.
- Keyword research.
A6. Again – Another sign of an incompetent online publicity agency.
Topic specific content in websites is the most important element within the list above.
But for example, fast loading of pages cannot be ranked lower than email publicity by any means.
Or else it would be a mistake to prioritize design over article posting or keyphrase analysis for instance.
A reputed website builder would never recommend the above functions to perform in descending order.
Tip – Check if the portal development firm’s site is rendering quick enough through the PageSpeed Insights tool.
That is one of the parameters to find how to choose an SEO expert or internet marketing company for your business.
Q7. What if you suggest any Domain & the Main Title excluding your firm’s name to make both keyword rich ?
And that professional optimizing your website accepts that demand without any reservations ?
A7. Beware of such sycophants.
A knowledgeable site optimiser will always recommend including your establishment’s name at least partly if not fully, inside both.
There is a logic behind why a genuine website optimisation consultant would suggest such an element.
Domains able to gain top website results on Google organic listings are actually visitor-oriented instead of being spider-centric.
Feel free to watch our promotional video below !
- Building user-oriented and optimized content for a high web page positioning online.
- Get started with a new portal to acquire more buyers through a page one visibility at search engines.
Q8. Do you suppose that the website optimizer, has enough time and knowledge to guide his employees during the process ?
Or else is it that the owner himself is for example is a travel agent as the main occupation ?
But is running a SEM firm through outsourcing, as it has a swiftly growing market ?
A8. Avoid service providers who are busy attending to the job, at a personal level.
The technique of producing optimized websites takes a lot of energy, knowledge, experience, imagination, creativity and patience.
The same is an operation which requires a full-time devotion and application sincerely dedicated towards the skill.
It is not impossible for one to run businesses of varying sorts successfully, though.
But, be careful in your selection exercise keeping the above advice under consideration.
That will assist you in solving your dilemma about – How to choose an SEO expert.
Q9. Does the online publicity agency claim that organic website optimization is a myth ?
And the only way to gather leads, customers and consumers is through Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Ads ?
A9. Beware of such phoney digital publicity professionals.
Natural optimization of websites is long term exercise. But the process ends up as a cheaper option and produces a lasting effect.
Most likely that suggestion is coming from someone who wants to circumvent doing some hard work.
Though, using publicity modes such as PPC, blog writing and digital promotion also play a crucial role in the entire process.
Q10. Does the agency reveal a ranking comparison (with competitor’s) for own domain through an online audit ?
Or else did they present you the outcome for own or client’s site on Mobile-Compatibility Test and PageSpeedInsights ?
A10. A genuine website optimisation consultant is prepared to show own website results on Google.
In case they avoid disclosing such details, then you would be better-off hunting for some other internet marketing company.
It would be a blunder to consider activities involved in optimising web pages, lightly. Competition is high.
Hence it is advisable to opt for the procedure only if fully sincere, or else a half-hearted approach would prove inconsequential.
If you base your decision on the above mentioned issues, the dilemma regarding – how to choose an SEO expert, will be solved to some extent.
What To Do For Appointing An Online Promotion Service Provider ?
Who Is A Genuine Website Optimisation Consultant ?
Website results on Google and Bing organic listings are dependent upon many factors.
A bonafide content optimizing professional would never undertake the following strategies !
- Copying matter from other sources.
- Recommending guest article posting over creating an in-house blog section.
- Disregarding the importance of mobile responsiveness.
- Repeating titles within different web pages.
- Linking to irrelevant content internally or externally or both.
- Writing keyword stuffed meta descriptions.
- Ignoring dividing text within separate headlines.
- Neglecting developing outbound and internal links.
- Uploading too many stock photos.
- Forming a complicated navigation structure.
- Concentrating more on website designing as compared to generating informative material.
- Focusing on making portals for obtaining a high online position instead of attending to user requirements.
So these were some additional examples to help one decide how to choose an SEO expert or an internet marketing company.
Having said that, this list above is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to strategies involved in producing optimized websites.
Some Interesting Facts About The Task Of Optimizing Websites
Firstly, it is the best promotional tool for introverts.
Businessmen, professionals or manufacturers who always found publicity as a tough exercise didn’t know where to go, earlier.
As there is a certain sect inside the society which comprises of individuals who are either shy in nature or else too busy in production.
Or else are averse towards things like networking, moving around for contact building, chasing customers, using pull etc.
Now such a category of people have found a powerful medium to promote their businesses.
And probably they now have an edge over competitors still continuing with the old-fashioned way of selling.
Since the world is slowly becoming more competitive, now the time has arrived where the customer is aware of many aspects.
So it’s a fact that an optimised web page is such a fabulous tool for sales.
It has the potential to make you visible within the top website results on Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yahoo.
It is a subtle and soft mode of advertising.
It matches the character of the ones which prefer to concentrate more on production and lesser on promotional activities.
If it does not derive any advantage, at least we have a sort of a level playing field now in front of us.
So how to choose an SEO expert or an internet marketing company which could assist in yielding the desired outcome ?
One may say that – Just create higher quality content and optimize in a proper manner and you will forget about running after clients.
They will surely come to you on their own. But unfortunately it is vital to spend on optimizing content no matter as to whatever level of value it brings.
So, it would be advisable for consumers to be patient while selecting the right optimizer.
Second interesting fact about website optimization.
It is a deep rooted specialty which is surrounded by so many mysteries.
For example if you’re a real estate developer then probably every large scale establishment in the same industry knows the trade secrets.
It’s just that all have different capabilities in terms of finances, list of buyers and resources like architects and sales managers in their kitty.
Such businesses hardly require much imagination or guesswork or try-and-test kind of exercises.
These type of specialties have reached such a mature stage that almost everything possible has already been tried and tested.
One has a fair idea about what the result would be after any fresh or innovative experiment is undertaken.
But, coming to optimising websites – The arena, though almost quite mature now, still has so many untested and virgin areas.
Sometimes one has no idea what will happen if one tries to apply any ingenious idea while optimizing a client’s site.
As very few understand all the 200+ ranking factors, the task needs too much of creative thinking.
So this fact makes the assignment of a online publicity service provider or a genuine website optimisation consultant , challenging.
It’s probably as intriguing as a space scientist studying the magical events which happen inside different planets.
And that is one of the reasons why it is difficult to decide – How to choose an SEO expert !
Third interesting fact about this sort of an undertaking.
It reminds one of the famous quote – The best things in life always come free.
Now let’s say – you are an internet marketing company yourself.
If optimizing own web pages for advertising your establishment, then all you would spend-on are as follows !
- Some money on a net connection.
- Phone bill.
- Electricity charges and
- Miscellaneous expenses.
Your mental application would be the main investment during an endeavor in achieving better website results on Google natural searches.
So a portal optimizer would surely be able to improvise own content virtually for free.
Fourth fascinating fact about this trade.
One does not necessarily require any professional certification, mandatorily. Well, courses always help – which is another matter.
But they’re not a necessary requirement to be a genuine website optimisation consultant !
So due to this scenario, clients are often confused about – How to choose an SEO expert.
Hence, it becomes necessary to get rid of the old habit of selecting vendors within own circle.
Instead it would be suggestible to evaluate a service provider based on his capability.
One one hand the techniques are so easy to learn as education material online is virtually available for free for everyone.
Yet sometimes one finds that after learning and practicing everything, one’s topical knowledge is virtually zero.
After all, wherein many websites can you guess will be on the page one of the natural listings on the SERP’s for a certain set of keywords ?
Being such an open sphere, maybe around 150 out of those 200+ ranking factors are no longer a secret.
One might wonder, are those remaining unknown 50 factors so important ?
Are those parameters the make or break factors for achieving a respectable level of exposure ?
But surprisingly it is possible to obtain top website results on Google and Bing organic listings.
Feel free to watch a video about – How to choose an SEO expert or an internet marketing company for your business !
- Do not hire a digital promotion agency which does not have online traffic towards its own site.
- Browse through their testimonials and check if they got any endorsements from large companies.
- Look for a genuine website optimisation consultant who is tactical. Strategies and concepts are useless if the service provider is unable to implement the same.
- It does not matter if the agency’s owner is smart. Scrutinize if the employees in the agency are smart enough too.
- Feedback vis a vis performance reports at regular intervals from the service provider are important.
- Ask for references and give priority in selecting an agency which has already worked on a similar sized firm as yours.
Where Should I Search To Find A High Quality Portal Optimization Firm ?
This is not a difficult task at all. On the other hand this exercise is an extremely mind-boggling undertaking. The process is easy because one may simply type a set of 10 to 12 different keyphrases in search and evaluate which websites are showing up more often than others within page one of organic result listings. The top three results at local maps searches could also be considered, but such are not as reliable as the natural listings below the map. The procedure is a grueling one as quite often the net findings after online keyword research could generate confusing signals.
What To Do If Unable To Identify A True Professional After Testing By Keywords ?
1. First – Be wary of clever sales talk and networking techniques, if used by any professional making optimized websites. Do not look for friendly-service providers. A blunt-speaking agency or an anti-social vendor, if talented may be a better bet for you.
2. Second – Avoid selecting any digital promotion service provider just because you or your associate knows him personally. So, decide based on merit.
3. Third – Accept the fact that superior companies engaged in content creation and optimizing portals will charge high rates. Understand that you are going to pay not just for On-page Optimization but also for formation of text as well as non-text-based matter – which are both one-time charges. But one further spends on regular monthly maintenance as well as routine Off-site Optimizing activities. And it dosent end here. It keeps going on and on endlessly because operations at social media platforms are also necessary. Then the vendee also pays for further content development of both kinds – text as well as videos or photos or slides or infographics from time to time for expanding the site. Finally, opening a blog section later is another expenditure. So this is a task which needs a huge budget not just in the beginning but also regularly. Basically the entire exercise needs constant spending all over the place.
4. Fourth – Remember : No matter what level of optimization one can perform, it would not carry much value until the base i.e. the text and media content itself is of supreme quality to start with. So importantly, evaluate whether you or the potential domain development vendor are/is capable enough in creating top class matter or not in the very beginning. If you feel that the prospective website optimization establishment is talented enough to develop superior online material including the verse as well as unique videos, instructional pictures etc. for you then more than 80% of your exploration job is done.
5. Fifth – The rest of the exercise won’t be too hard, as you may talk to the clients for whom that firm has already worked for, to confirm whether to expect ideal service or not.
What Is The Next Step Appointing Any Website Development Service Provider ?
A. Whatever you do, follow their advice always.
B. Give them a free hand at the things they are doing on your site.
C. Assist them by providing only the content and information they ask for : Instead of asking them to insert a certain matter which you want.
D. Do not focus on design. Avoid falling for portal construction companies trying to influence you by showing their beautiful designing abilities.
E. Pay them timely as per contract terms.
F. Let them take their own time in designing your portal. Don’t pressure them on timelines or any other front. Give them the space they need.
G. Be patient for 4 months after the portal is online. If some of your web pages are not visible within the natural search listings on the first page even after 5 months, then that would mean you have selected the wrong website building establishment. Sorry to say, you have wasted your money. Or else your judgement was incorrect. Or maybe you did not follow the steps as recommended above.