Let’s say you already have 10 web pages and need the content improvised for finding leads and acquiring clients.
Now how does one judge a website optimisation consultant ?
Where to find a reliable promoter specializing in online publicity ?
Why optimise websites for procuring buyers when digital advertising on social media portals generates adequate traffic for businesses ?
Some ways to find out could be to ask them if :
- Are they prepared to show you the grading of their own pages through any online audit or live comparison chart ?
- Do they take quality content approach for websites ?
- What digital channels do they use for promotion ?
Let us cover some related questions and answers in this article.
And of course pertaining to small websites as already mentioned.
Updations in ranking algorithms like :
1. Crawling mobile pages before desktop versions
2. High priority for fast loading speed, are inducing big changes in website results on Google.
How To Choose An SEO Expert Or An Internet Marketing Company ?
1. Q. Do you think a specialist who promises to optimise your web pages for 100 keywords is truthful or the one committing only half as much ?
A. Well, the latter is the honest one.
Ranking for 100 key-phrases in a small website is a near impossible task.
2. Q. Would you feel impressed with any professional if he says that your website could be search engine-unfriendly if it’s domain name has a hyphen in between the two words inside the URL ?
Or maybe something like – The keyphrase density should be minimum 5% to enable the best possible promotion ?
A. Trash that kind of advise, please.
Domain names with single or double dashes in between words are search-engine-compliant and a keyword density of roughly 2% is enough.
WordPress.com Helping In Generating Strong Website Results on Google
3. Q. Would you agree with an online promotion agent if he says that template theme based pages and blogs built on platforms like WordPress, Shopify, Point2Homes etc. have too many limitations in features ?
Hence not likely to produce an ideal organic internet visibility ?
A. Once again. A classic example of either lack of knowledge or some vested interest in mind.
- Easy shifting-to and shifting-from, process.
- Compatibility with the world’s best plugin for optimization – Yoast.
- Collaboration with the topmost e-commerce plugin – WooCommerce!
- And the potential to gain high visibility and online traffic are some of the exclusive features and benefits for websites hosted on WordPress.com !
4. Q. What if your service provider comes up with a plan about buying links and compensating the expenditure by monetizing through online advertisements ?
A. Don’t buy that story, do not purchase backlinks and avoid filling up your website with Ads.
5. Q. Do you think that if any internet marketing company could be correct if it comes up with some new formula wherein advising the important elements for optimization in the following descending order :
- Elegant design.
- Topic specific text content.
- Social media and email promotion.
- Slides and presentations.
- Topical videos and infographics.
- Quick loading speed with easy browsing facility.
- Generating quality backlinks.
- URL submission on your Webmaster Tools Console.
- Blog publishing.
- Keyword research.
A. Again – Another sign of an incompetent online promotion agent.
Relevant content in websites is the most important element, no doubt.
But easy browsing and fast loading of pages cannot be ranked lower than email promotion by any means.
Or else it would be a mistake to prioritize design over article posting or keyphrase analysis for instance.
Experienced and trustworthy service providers never recommend the above in descending order.
Tip – Check if your website is rendering quick enough through the Google PageSpeed Insights tool.
6. Q. What if you suggest any Domain Name and the Main Title excluding your establishment’s name to make the maximum use of keywords in both ?
And the Agency, accepts that demand without any reservations ?
A. Beware of such sycophants.
A knowledgeable website optimising professional will always recommend including your establishment’s name at least partly if not fully, inside both.
Video below : A leading website marketing and SEO agency in New Delhi, India. Advertising on Google+ Brand Account, Pinterest Business, LinkedIn Showcase Page, YouTube Channel, Twitter and Facebook Business Page –
7. Q. Do you suppose that the owner of the service provider (you’re considering hiring), has enough time and knowledge to guide his employees during the web development process ?
Does he reveal the reasons for why WordPress is the best portal for hosting websites ?
Or else is it that the owner himself is for example an investment banker.
But is running a SEM Firm through outsourcing, as it has a swiftly growing market ?
A. Avoid service providers who are busy attending to the job, at a personal level.
8. Q. Does that internet marketing company claim that organic website optimisation is a myth ?
And the only way to gather leads, customers and consumers is through Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Ads ?
A. Beware of such phoney professionals.
Natural optimization of websites is long term exercise.
But the process ends up as a cheaper option and produces a long lasting effect.
Most likely that suggestion is coming from someone who wants to circumvent some hard work.
Though, using publicity modes such as PPC, blog writing and internet marketing also play a crucial role in the entire promotion process.
9. Q. Does the agency show you Rank Compare Analysis (with some of his competitor’s) for his own web page through an online audit on any of the top portals like MOZ, SEMrush, Majestic, Ahrefs etc. ?
Or else did he show you the outcome for his own or his client’s website on Google PageSpeed Insights and Google Mobile-Friendly Test ?
If you base your decision on appointing an internet promotion agency after judging them on above mentioned issues, your dilemma will be solved to a large extent.
The Task Of A Website Optimisation Consultant
Website results on Google and Bing are dependent upon many factors including :
- Writing fresh and valuable content.
- Informative blogging on a regular basis.
- Mobile optimized content.
- Appropriate page titles and headlines.
- Natural link building.
- Proper meta descriptions.
- Image alt tags.
- Easily clickable links.
- Picture compression.
- Simple navigation.
- Web design and much more.
And only a genuine website optimisation consultant can manage to deal with such technicalities.
Mentioned below, some interesting facts about the SEO field :
A. Firstly, it is the best promotional tool for introverts –
Businessmen, professionals or manufacturers who always found publicity as a tough exercise didn’t know where to go, earlier.
As there is a certain sect inside the society which comprises of individuals who are either shy or else too busy in production.
Or else are averse towards things like networking, moving around for contact building, chasing customers, using pull etc.
Now such a category of people have found a powerful medium to promote their businesses.
And probably they now have an edge over competitors still continuing with the old-fashioned way of selling.
Since the world is slowly becoming more competitive, now the time has arrived where the customer is aware of many aspects.
The ones focusing more on production and lower on marketing might eventually beat the category of businesses which were focusing more on publicity and lesser on improving their products or services, till now.
So this is interesting that an optimized website is such a fabulous tool for sales.
It is a subtle and soft mode of advertising and matches the character of the ones which prefer to concentrate more on production and lesser on promotional activities.
If it does not derive any advantage, at least we have a sort of a level playing field now in front of us.
Just improve your content in a proper manner and forget about running after clients.
They will surely come to you on their own.
B. The second interesting fact about website optimisation is that it is such a deep rooted field which is surrounded by so many mysteries –
For example if you’re a real estate developer then probably every large scale business in the same industry knows the trade secrets.
It’s just that all have different capabilities in terms of finances, contacts, list of buyers and resources like architects and sales managers in their kitty.
Such businesses hardly require much imagination or guesswork or try-and-test kind of exercises.
These kinds of fields have reached such a mature stage that almost everything possible has already been tried and tested.
One has a fair idea about what the result would be after any new or innovative or experiment is undertaken.
But coming to SEO – the field, though almost quite mature now, still has so many untested and virgin areas.
Sometimes one has no idea what will happen if one tries to apply any ingenious idea while optimizing a client’s website.
As very few understand all the 200+ Google Search Ranking factors, the task needs too much of creative thinking.
So this fact makes the assignment of a website optimisation consultant a very exciting and challenging one.
It’s probably as intriguing as a space scientist studying the magical events which happen inside different planets.
Of course not as much though. Anyway.
C. The third interesting fact about this sort of an undertaking is that it reminds one of the famous quote – The best things in life always come free.
Now let’s say – you are an internet marketing company.
If you optimize your own website for advertising your business, then all you would spend on is :
- Some money on an internet connection.
- Phone bill.
- Electricity charges and
- Miscellaneous expenses.
More or less your time and effort and mental application would be the main investment.
So a website optimizer would surely be able to improvise own content virtually for free.
So that is another highlight of the SEO process or profession.
D. The fourth fascinating fact about this trade is that one does not necessarily require any certification, mandatorily.
Well, courses always help – which is another matter.
But they’re not a necessary requirement to be a professional in this sphere.
One one hand the techniques are so easy to learn as education material on the internet is virtually available for free for everyone.
Yet sometimes one finds that after learning everything and practicing too, one’s topical knowledge is practically zero.
After all, how many websites can you guess will be on the first page within the natural listings on the SERP’s for a certain set of keywords ?
The undertaking is an extremely challenging one and requires too much of time and mental application, which makes it an action-packed one.
Being such an open field, maybe around 150 out of those 200+ ranking factors are no longer a secret.
One might wonder, are those remaining unknown 50 factors so important which are the make or break factors for achieving a respectable level of online visibility ?
But surprisingly one does bear fruit if the assignment carried out sincerely, which is another factor making it captivating.