A lot of us fantasize about building an ideal website for providing the best user-experience to customers.
I don’t know if that is possible. But still most people strive for something like that.
I do too.
Some would define audience-friendly websites as the ones which have animations, contain relevant images and look absolutely beautiful.
For some, the type which provides as much bona fide information as possible through the simple navigation would be the best.
Yes, maybe that’s how you could define a near-to-ultimate or an ideal website.
For others it may be the the kind which would generate a high rank on first page of Google and Bing.
And even I thought I made a perfect website which could become popular to that extent.
But, one can also derive that the peak moment would only be if one is able to list within the Featured Snippets.
I Was Thinking That I Could Rank On First Page Of Google
It’s difficult to spell out the exact criteria for grading of such an exceptional nature, but in general, websites need –
- Writing unique and genuine text content.
- Creating matter for the latest trending questions.
- Inducing curiosity with followers.
- Optimizing content to be suitable to buyers and viewers.
- Connecting web pages internally with relevant matter and externally with valuable sources.
- Submitting your internal links on Webmaster Tools Accounts.
- Inserting topical videos, infographics and keyword matching pictures.
- And above all – Publishing original and useful content.
Like many, I too believed that I had built a perfect website.
But Then This Is What I Experienced :
- January – One day I gasped in surprise while browsing my pages – What ? I could have added one hyphen in between the two words of my main URL.
Anyway I had no option but to forget thinking about it.
You may add a dash in the main domain, especially if it contains two words.
Not mandatory though, as both options suffice.
- February – In the second week, i got a shock when i noticed that I named my site title as Sem Consultant instead of SEM Consultant for Websites.
I made such a stupid mistake ? I corrected the error immediately.
Use UPPER CASE characters for abbreviations. Who knows – maybe the robot might take “Sem” as a spelling error for “Same”.
Though the spiders are not stupid but let’s rectify that.
- March – I found another careless error. One word in Page Titles was restated twice in the 4th web page and thrice in 11th.
Remove duplicate and repeated words in blog titles and page names.
- April – I corrected the only 2 major faults I had. Wonderful. But, let’s go through it again. What ?
The gravatar image on my website is leading me to my profile there. That’s the default setting and I forgot changing that.
Don’t create links through pictures.
- May – First three weeks gone and no fault detected so far. Bingo. I’m fully convinced that i have produced a an ideal website.
But later, during a regular check – Again ? Two of my pages contain zero links.
No outgoing or internal connections ?
And not a single incoming link from any of my social media marketing accounts towards my website ?
Add a few worthwhile and meaningful anchor text based connections if you really want to improve chances of a better natural visibility online.
- June – Now i’m sure i have created an ideal website for users, for helping them in making a sensible purchase. However, why not have a repeat look.
Alarm Bell. There is no “hyphen” separating the words in 1 of the permalinks and 1 meta tag on another web page !
Remember adding dashes separating the words inside the meta tags and slugs, necessarily.
- July – What more can there be ? Nevertheless, I want to reconfirm. ………. I knew it. After all what could I expect from myself ?
I had changed the address for one of my social media marketing accounts last week.
But I forgot to update the outgoing URL to that network from my site and now it is showing an error after clicking.
And I thought I made a perfect website ! Lol. Ok, rectify that fast.
Try fixing broken links.
Procuring quality backlinks can assist in achieving a high rank on first page of Google and Bing.
Audience-friendly Websites :
- Enable focus on improving service by saving the time and effort required in pre-sales.
- Produce and deliver targeted customers by auto eliminating the non-interested clients.
- Help companies secure fresh leads and reach unknown buyers from untapped markets.
- August – I’m getting so many visitors. But let’s evaluate why I’m going down on the SERP’s…….. Meta Description this time. Jesus. I swapped the related text in two pages, by error.
Those two are SEO-unfriendly and I didn’t even notice. This is an important element.
The page which is providing info on Online Ranking Factors has a meta description for one supposed to be for Internet Publicity, and vice versa.
And not only that, some sentences are now keyword stuffed.
Ok, so set the Key phrases correctly.
Careless mistakes like keyphrase stuffing, spam and irrelevant content needs to be deleted at any cost.
- September – Let’s check the Page Headings … They’re okay.I had marked all starting headlines as H2, as my WordPress theme generates an auto H1 tag for page titles.
Avoid using multiple header tags of the same numbering.
I Don’t Know Why I Thought I Made A Perfect Website
- October – Leave it now. It’s not possible to build an ultimate website !But wait. An acquaintance just pointed out that i need to explain the visitors how i can help them. And some of the colors and photos could be changed.
This is one of the important tasks to implement when you’re improving a website !
Explain the visitors – Your capabilities, specialties, the procedures you undertake, what you do and why they need your help.
- November – OH, is it like that ? I just learnt something new. There have been some new disclosures in industry circles, lately ?
Technology is changing and so are the online ranking algorithms by the spiders.
Ok I’m headed back to my laptop.
- December – AAAAAhhh. That process is no longer relevant according to that famous expert, who just announced that today.
Is it really giving a negative signal to the search engines ?
Well, let’s cancel the holiday.
Advantages of SEO And Social Media Marketing
The main benefit of search engine optimization is that it helps in gaining backlinks from quality websites.
But for that the most influencing factor is creation of top-notch text and descriptive photos.
Exclusive content provides a satisfactory user-experience to its visitors.
The advantages of digital publicity are that it assists in a faster generation of backlinks.
Internet promotion acts as a support system in the exercise of SEO.
The crawlers consider citation based inward links from verified authors as the chief ranking criteria for displaying organic result listings.
According to their parameters, if a website called AAA has highly valuable content then there is a chance for one with a high Page Rank (related to same topic) to connect with AAA.
It might seem a questionable criteria though, because the robots are well equipped to know the calibre of every website.
They actually do not need any assistance in judging web pages on the basis of what kind of links they obtain on the internet.
But the system is in place probably because there are billions of websites all over and that parameter makes it easier for the crawlers to make judgements.
Hence, they normally upgrade you only after authoritative sources connect with you.
One may debate that the particular algorithm gives too much weight on this aspect for building and optimizing top class websites.
Then on second thought it seems that the criteria in place, is fair.
One can also believe that maybe the robots do not rely as much on backlinks as people think.
Might be that they upgrade you even if too many verified authors are not connecting with you.
Having said that, it’s not just quality content the crawlers are looking for in an ideal website.
They are also analysing if you have a certain rapport and respect within your area of activity or profession or within your business circle.
One may also question this system because people who socialise with counterparts or competitors might be able to procure more backlinks than other who don’t engage in networking.
But then it’s not that socializing is an assured way of procuring the same.
All said and done – the online positioning criteria looks quite reasonable if not fully fool-proof.
A user-friendly and optimized website helps in acquiring fresh leads and clients.
Web Pages with :
- Genuine text content.
- Clutter-free navigation for visitors.
- Smartphone compatibility.
- Fast loading speed.
- Videos, infographics and relevant images with Alt tags.
- Proper keyword density.
- Incoming and outgoing links.
- Social media marketing capabilities.
- And meaningful blog articles can assist in attracting users and also rank on first page of Google and Bing.