It is a well known fact that original content is a crucial factor in optimizing a website for users and procuring online traffic.
Both – Paragraphs and non-text based matter ought to be relevant to the main title, appealing and of value to the readers.
Paid digital promotion of websites also is a powerful medium to gain internet visibility resulting in acquiring a strong patronage.
Both modes have their own advantages, disadvantages, consequences, requirements, prerequisites and commitments.
However, it is suggestible to invest in an optimized site before starting with internet publicity strategies.
There are many reasons for such a recommendation. Some are mentioned in the middle of this post, as you read further.
Maybe we could segregate the process of optimization in two branches : Front-end and Back-end varieties respectively.
The former would need one to execute the following routines !
- Form an impressive site title.
- Create internal and outgoing links.
- Write purposeful text, document names and headlines.
- Enable intuitive navigation.
- Choose thematic photos and infographics for insertion.
- Publish exquisite blogs to educate potential clients.
- Correct crawl errors.
- Draft short paragraphs and sentences.
- Ensure fast loading of pages.
- Engage in mobile-friendly web designing.
- Develop original content for boosting natural internet rankings of sites.
- Apply proper fonts and colors.
- Insert easily clickable links and buttons.
- Render a clean and clutter-free interface.
- Compose a simple layout having an elegant formatting style.
So, implementing SEO for a website from the front-end would mean that you are improving the matter for the audience and engaging the readers.
Whereas, the latter encompasses exercises as following !
- Writing meta descriptions.
- Undertaking photo optimisation.
- Typing image alt tags.
- Making efforts in acquiring high-value backlinks through a regular process.
- Entering keyword tags.
- Using the data highlighter tool at webmasters console.
- Updating sitemaps.
- Establishing local business map listings at the internet.
- Anchor text improvements.
- Keyphrase research.
- Developing heading levels of descending order.
- Uploading an optimization plugin.
- Enabling AMP compatibility.
- Usage of appropriate CSS coding.
- Taking care of security issues like HTTPS protocols etc.
- Setting up URL redirects.
- Schema markups.
So, enhancing the meta data inside web pages from the back-end, assists Google and Bing to understand and index URL’s in a better way.
Tasks above, if executed properly can help in acquiring a tolerable rank on page one of search engine results pages.
It is advisable to focus on original content & followed by investment in optimization, prior to venturing into digital promotion exercises.
Optimizing A Website For Users 1st & Search Engines Later
Domain Names – One could form a URL like pat10ts4quinine dot com. But does it sound easy for the audience to understand ?
However, patentsforquinine dot com surely sounds simple to grasp. That’s why domains containing numbers are visitor-unfriendly.
Main Site’s Title – Concerning the topic of “Patents in the Healthcare Industry”, one may form the primary site name as – “Licences For Medication”.
But an internal page dedicated towards “licencing of malarial drugs” may be named as “Copyrights for Anti-malarial Treatment”.
Reason being, that it would make it easier for the visitor to know in advance what the primary domain and pages inside are pertaining to.
In such a scenario, even the crawlers would agree that one is implementing SEO for a website with quality matter.
Spiders don’t mind you working with more than 1 keyword inside a specific web page for procuring online traffic.
That is on the condition that one is targeting multiple products or services during optimization of websites.
But, better to use a wider generic term for both the main domain URL and the primary site title always.
This is a useful strategy especially when focusing on quality website development and assists in digital promotion too.
There is a formal or an informal rule that the homepage URL and the main site name itself, must focus on a generic subject.
Reason being, even if one is focusing on a single specialized product or service, following the technique creates a room for expanding the site later.
But for example if you’re building the domain for a brand then this practice is not necessary.
Of course this is not a mandatory requirement, but the spiders solve two purposes by this algorithm !
- Firstly, they reduce the chances of sending searchers and buyers to non-relevant or half-topical domains.
- Secondly, they give an opportunity to all to have a fair chance of natural internet rankings for their specialty on SERP’s.
So, be careful on this aspect while optimizing a website for users and acquiring a higher internet presence through organic visibility.
Even commercial videos and paid digital promotion helps in procuring online traffic. Hence, the same may be undertaken too, which is another issue.
Page Titles – For example, in the healthcare sector you could name a few pages like “the wonders of wellness”, “medical equipment”, “the best clinic” etc.
But if one starts promoting a web page called “top hospitals” for a phrase “the foremost dentists” then it would irritate the visitors.
Most likely the robots won’t rank the same, whether or not a follower could find valuable and engaging matter inside.
Enhancing search visibility or achieving an elevated internet presence requires creating original content.
But the material needs to be relevant and optimized through white-hat techniques too.
Video by Brian Dean below !
- Google determines the best result by looking at the in-house matter, backlinks, On-page optimization, social shares and much more.
- The crawler also considers a site’s click-through rate in deciding where to place websites on their results pages.
- Include phrases (in your title and meta descriptions) used by Google Ads advertisers.
- Use power words to improve your CTR.
Online Text – Any visitor would feel a bit distracted if he sees a phrase “John is the best rally driver” mentioned 10 times in a web page with 500 words.
Well, maybe not. We don’t know. The crawers might penalize you for that however.
So, how to go about implementing SEO for a website or a blog post for procuring online traffic through a certain set of keyphrases ?
A keyword density as low as 0.25% makes websites invisible on the internet.
Whereas stuffing a phrase anywhere higher than 5% makes them unreadable and punishable by the spiders.
Such a criteria also gives more room to a copywriter in adding topical information for an enhanced digital promotion of websites.
Let’s assume a keyphrase “John is a leading rally driver”.
Mentioning about John’s driving skills, his achievements, records etc., inside the web page is recommendable in such a scenario.
That’s what the audience wants to know and remember.
The followers need answers to common questions like – Why was he declared as the greatest F1 sportstar ?
Among which competitors did he win ? How did he reach this position ? Information about his nationality ?
By whom was he declared as the top driver? What trophy has he won ? Where does he live ?
Who is sponsoring him ? Which is his favorite car ? When is he competing next ? How old is he ? Why do so many people love him ?
Where does he practice driving ? The factors making him such a great driver ? The time he become famous ?
One may use the focus keyphrase anywhere between 2 and up to a maximum of 3 times in a page with roughly 500 words.
In such a scenario it would mean that one is optimising the document to make it audience-friendly in the true sense.
Original Content Is A Crucial Factor In Optimizing A Website
Images – Suppose i have a page on “How to cook cereals”.
And out of the five official pictures out there, one of those is showing a skyscraper (my personal interest).
This particular aspect may sometimes not make a big difference neither to the visitors nor crawlers.
That is provided the overall matter inside is unique and contains detailed and fresh information for potential clients.
But I would be reducing chances of ranking on first page of Google if my competitor is adding only instructional photos to documents.
Highly topic relevant web pages with premium matter are an essential element for procuring online traffic.
But, if I have written superior sentences, providing descriptive guidance, then maybe I won’t be ranked lower than my competitor.
However, the question arises that why should I take any risk of annoying my customers, just because I love that skyscraper ?
So once again I would be enhancing my web design for the followers and gaining a organic internet exposure.
Video below – Optimizing a website for users !
- Forming domain relevant matter in pages.
- Designing mobile-responsive sites.
- Making topic specific animations and movies.
- Ensuring inserting ample and detailed information inside pages.
Inserting relevant videos and high standard matter with sensible information is another vital strategy in such a task.
Coming back to the discussion – Would that relate to implementing SEO for a website if i remove that building’s picture ? Maybe yes.
There are few aspects about optimization which the robots may not take seriously.
But there is a saying in this industry – “Every Bit Counts”. There are more than 200 ranking parameters.
So, one may guess and estimate as many out of those and try to fill the container drop-by-drop.
Imagining topping up the vessel in one-go through a single downpour does not work in this line of activity.
Even though i have produced a perfect website with useful data and know that it would gather ample visitors, i will erase the skyscraper pic.
That would assist me in improving my web pages for the crawlers and followers, both.
Hence, maintain a parity within the calibre of matter and its technical enhancement while optimizing a website for users.
And composing original content is another vital determinant for generating an exclusive portal.
Paid Digital Promotion Helps In Procuring Online Traffic
Chargeable internet publicity on search engines or on social media networks is a completely different ball-game however.
In this context it is not significant whether one has valuable matter inside web pages or not. Nor does it make any difference if the same is optimised.
Payable internet publicity and implementing SEO for a website are two different ways of promoting a business.
But, both are important functions in determining growth, popularity and expanding business operations.
They are not substitutes for each other however, as the latter benefits companies in bettering organic search positioning.
Whereas the former facilitates establishments to develop a brand identity and increasing prominence.
Payable internet advertising is an assignment which excludes both – On-page or Off-site Optimisation.
On-page optimization needs inserting related links, relevant titles, headlines, images etc. inside web pages.
Whereas Off-page optimising encompasses tasks such as producing accounts on local business maps, professional directories etc.
Both mediums of enhancement are required for optimizing a website for users.
For instance, one writes short sentences (which is a part of On-site optimization) to make pages easily readable.
But then lets say you use Google Maps or Bing Places for publicity i.e. listing your establishment out there.
Then it is like engaging in Off-site Optimisation for procuring online traffic.
Or else using own YouTube Channel for uploading thematic videos again falls under the same category as above.
So one improves own portal for the visitors through optimization of both varieties.
Reason being, implementing SEO for a website aids the audience in learning about the subject in a simpler manner.
However, many opt for YouTube Advertisements for publicizing official movie commercials.
This type of activity is an example of paid digital promotion of websites.
Since most visitors click on organic SERP listings, one may be better-off keeping prime focus on optimization.
Though one of the benefits of internet advertising is that it is a vital element for obtaining further exposure for portals.
All said and done, one does improvise web pages for both – the robots as well as acquiring buyers.
Creating Original Content & Implementing SEO For A Website
Download PDF Guide by Google with tips on the following !
- Create unique and accurate page titles.
- Utilize the meta description tag.
- Improve the URL structure.
- Enable simple navigation.
- Optimize the data.
- Offer valuable matter for visitors.
- Develop descriptive anchor text.
- Perform image optimization by naming each media and Alt text.
- Form engaging headings and sub-headlines.
- Allow indexation of your site through robots.txt file.
- Be careful when to use the “nofollow” attribute.
- Ensure mobile-compatibility.
- Promote your site at social media.
- Use the Webmaster Tools Account.
Some rules for optimizing a website for users, increasing brand awareness and procuring online traffic, below !
- Produce proper and fruitful information.
- Generate an audience-friendly interface.
- Enable ease of navigation.
- Allow simple readability.
- Maintain optimized accounts at social networks.
- Form appropriate links – Internal as well as External.
- Develop fitting headings inside documents.
- Compose original content, text and images inside the main page body – all assisting in improving internet rankings !
- Ensure fast loading speed.
- Divide body text under proportionately sized sections under separate headlines.
Video by Google – Explaining the meaning of organic listings and what search engine optimization means !
- When someone searches the internet then one sees a list of natural or unpaid entries at the results page.
- These records typically appear at the centre of the screen and are the results that the crawlers decide as the best match for the query.
- One also notices paid entries segregated in a separate division and labeled as Ads.
- The standard of matter inside websites is the main parameter for the spiders to consider before placing certain records in the organic listings block.
- Making improvements to material inside websites to appear within the natural segment is called Search Engine Optimization.
- Matter which is genuine, findable and understandable to the effect by-default answering common questions automatically, is liked by the robots.
Role Of Keywords In Implementing SEO For A Website
Some advice about generating internet exposure for an example key phrase like – Shopping Portal Optimizers !
A. Name the specific page you want to improvise, having the keyword as its “Title”.
B. Write topical sentences concerned with the subject.
C. Do not engage in keyphrase stuffing. Remember to obtain a density of between 2% to 3% as the maximum limit.
D. Type in a few meaningful headlines when optimizing a website for users.
E. Try to use synonyms in Heading 2 and maybe you could go upto Header 4 or 5 too if required, by typing suitable words.
F. Insert short and connected paragraphs of between two to three lines.
G. Add 1 or 2 outbound and internal links respectively inside the specific page.
H. Always upload a couple of topic related images and infographics to boost visitor-retention.
I. Name at least one of your pictures the same as the main target keyword.
J. Use Alt tags for all photos.
K. Try to design topical professional movies helping in digital promotion.
L. Don’t copy data from anywhere either internally or else from external sources.
M. Insert picture captions.
N. Always produce an effective title tag and meta description while implementing SEO for a website.
O. Original content is a crucial factor in optimizing a website for users. Ensure ingenuity and usefulness in paragraphs.
P. Type adequate number of words i.e. between 350 to 400 approximately.
Q. Make the page informative enough for the audience, helping them in finding whatever they generally look for.
R. Explain – What E-commerce portal optimizers do. Why your company is capable in this specialty ? And elaborate the scope of such assignments.
S. Describe alternatives to your services and the reason the particular task you perform make you a better choice than other options.
T. If possible, mention prices you charge and the time taken for job-delivery, office schedules, special deal discount packages etc.
U. Make interesting exciting and entertaining matter, yet serious enough to sound professional.
V. Do not generate an outgoing connection through the anchor text same as the target keyword.
W. Ensure mobile-compatibility, quick rendering speed and simple navigation.
X. Publish topic-specific blogs and connect through an internal link from and to the concerned page.
Y. Remember to establish ample gaps when repeating the main target keyphrase inside the main text body.
Z. Do not clutter your documents with Ads and enable a clean, congestion-free look and feel.
Experts in optimizing a website for users and procuring online traffic by paid digital promotion of websites in New Delhi, India !
What Kind Of Content Should Top Class Websites Have ?
1. Genuine Matter – This type of material consists of inaugural text written or created and published for the first time by any author at the internet. So this element is a vital need for portals. And that makes duplicate matter an extremely harmful component inside websites.
2. Relevant Material – The phrase pertains to “context” i.e. is more or less text or media matter which relates to not only the main topic of the site i.e. compatible with the primary subject of any particular domain and also in sync with the page title of the specific document. Hence, this is another vital component required by all websites.
3. Authoritative Matter – This kind of data contains knowledgeable material designed or composed by any influencer or an industry-expert in any field. So try and slowly develop an authority over your line of activity by publishing high quality blogs or forming superior-grade matter for the audience.
4. Linkable Data – The term refers to material which is instructional enough and descriptive too, to entice exterior portals to link towards your informative domain. A vital task needed for improving organic internet rankings of websites.
5. Simply Navigable Pages – This element requires creation of clear link menus, proper internal linking, easily clickable anchor text and an understandable site structure. The component helps the internet visitor to browse within web pages within a specific domain empowering them to estimate in-advance what document could contain which kind of information, even before clicking the concerned link leading to the destination.
6. Easily Readable Material – The phrase implies development of short paragraphs, designing high-resolution photos, videos without rendering problems, appropriate formatting, elimination of keyword-stuffing, usage of synonyms, correct vocabulary and grammar. Another critical undertaking recommended for websites.
7. Shareable Ingredients – Portals need to insert useful material within their web pages to tempt the internet visitor in forwarding the document (or parts of a certain domain) to outside sources and others to read or watch and scan the same.
8. Productive Matter – This term relates to formation of action-triggering buttons or links enticing the audience to buy a service or order a product from within a particular web page. The main goal of commercial websites is to increase sales or gain fresh clients, hence this piece of material helps portals achieve their targets.
9. Engaging Factors – Probably the most critical part inside web pages. Items interesting enough to retain the internet user within a domain is maybe the best avenue to gather a high natural positioning at the search engines. So always concentrate on composing websites with educative items for the visitor.
In Which Order Should One Form Elements Inside A Web Page ?
Components such as title, meta description, headlines, text, keywords, photos and links are the basic pillars required to compose web pages.
One may develop a document through the following steps in descending order :
1. Page Title – For sure this is the ingredient to start-with while build a web page. That is suggestible because this element has to be unique and possible to discover through keyword research.
2. Meta description – Form a meta description in-advance and create matter based on the same. Taking the opposite approach wherein generating a meta description by picking select words from the body text may hamper the optimization task.
3. Headlines – It would be better to plan-out the text for at least the first two headings in the very beginning stage of designing a document. However, lower headlines can be composed after writing the complete text.
4. Keywords – Again, it is advisable to choose a few keyword phrases to optimize a page for, prior to typing sentences.
5. Text – Now, start writing the text inside the page body and divide the same within different headers, proportionately. This makes keyphrase placement easier on one hand and simpler to generate the right density too.
6. Photos – Next, design customized images based on the subject of the document. Doing the opposite is not practical. So avoid typing sentences based on the visual elements inside pictures.
7. Links – This is an ingredient which should be the last step in the optimization procedure. Or else developing internal or outward links during writing the body text may again result in a non-optimized page.