Is it likely to do grow your business and generate better revenues by promoting your website ?
Would a high page ranking on Google assist in procuring customers more effectively as compared to old-fashioned modes of publicity ?
Actually, well-developed pages are more effective in official promotion as compared to results from traditional advertising.
Is considering own Websites like online brochures logical ? Are they meant to be like that ?
In the past, one used to come across non-optimized matter without user-oriented elements having a complicated navigation structure.
Such sites used to be created just for fulfilling a formality. Or else, many build pages only to meet the stipulations laid down by own official principals.
But the purpose of an optimised portal is to create brand awareness and increase sales.
Meaningful information if dispensed to consumers assists in achieving the same. And that is possible by creating useful websites !
Video below – Explaining why web pages are more efficient than old-fashioned avenues of promotion !
- Learn all the ways to create a presence for your establishment at the internet.
- Earlier, people used to adopt traditional marketing mediums like talking to others and opting for print Ads while starting a new business.
- But giving complete total introduction about your products and services is possible only through a website.
- Your site can help visitors in researching before purchasing, chat with experts, read customer reviews, watch informational videos, buy goods etc.
- It is also possible to increase sales without a website. Firms can opt for local commercial listings like GMB or Just Dial (in India).
- These kind of listings containing phone numbers, maps, product descriptions and client reviews can appear on search engines.
- Social media marketing is another choice for developing a digital presence and generate better revenues.
- Sellers world over sometimes use Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn etc. to complement a website or as an alternative altogether.
- Finally, mobile Apps are another mode to connect with consumers. The growing popularity of GPS makes this medium a workable solution too.
The objective of pages is to influence and acquire new customers and shoppers from unknown and untapped markets.
But, if one has a website just for the sake of having it, then its motive gets defeated.
In reality, showing the same to your existing purchasers and consumers is a secondary requirement.
In our opinion any domain without in-built On-site optimisation features is incomplete and useless.
Hence, considering websites like online brochures is a blunder. Developing a non-optimized site is a waste of effort, time and resources .
But surprisingly some say that they just made a website either for the sake of formality or out of compulsion arising from a client’s wish.
Well, no problem in that because there are many companies which already have their hands full and do not want additional buyers.
However, looking at the number of non optimized portals, it raises a question.
After all, are there really so many companies which do not need to achieve more sales and growth ?
A high page ranking on Google helps businesses and service providers generate better revenues.
In addition, one can work smarter instead of harder and acquire fresh leads. Professionals have understood the strength of a website and utilize the same, fully.
Regarding Websites Like Online Brochures Is A Lost Opportunity
So yes it’s true that some mistakenly underestimate their pages and regard them just like any informative catalogue.
However, investing in an optimized website can help save the time and effort required in pre-sales activities.
Sites probably don’t get their due because after all we are living in the age of pull, networking and partying.
But, the awareness of web-power is huge in advanced countries.
The level of cognizance on the matter is very low with entrepreneurs vis a vis the requirement of fresh portals in India.
There may be some reasons for companies preferring to continue operating in the old-fashioned way, as below !
Problems in Payment Recoveries.
Difficulties in recovering money for goods supplied, where buyers make excuses is a major reason why many people find domains as useless, in India.
Local businessmen shy away from searching unknown clients and purchasers.
Claiming payments for goods supplied to already known consumers is a lesser headache as compared to recoveries from fresh buyers.
Hence, firms are non-serious about internet publicity tasks and consider their websites like online brochures.
Playing Safe !
The wholesalers are normally in tight financial health and have no other option but to deal with tested clients only.
Then there is a strange sense of indifference and disdain in people’s minds.
The local masses have still not understood that there is a difference between a low-standard and a premium website builder.
Huge Income Disparity In The Economy.
The small and medium enterprises are generally unprofessional, and the corporates or factory owners always have their hands full.
Especially middle level firms are the ones which keep delaying their decision in this regard.
In contrast to western countries, the reliance on the 2 Q’s – Quality and Query is non-existent here.
Whereas most local users here are relying on the two R’s – Rates and Reference while looking for a supplier.
The public in advanced nations is typing digital keyword queries and selecting the vendor carrying a superior exposure on search engines.
But, shockingly the vendee in India is searching for a solution provider who is the most adjusting in nature, through a friend or a relative.
Video by JB Kellog of Marketing360, USA mentioning why sites should be conversion focused !
- A portal has the potential to be your best salesperson and ought to be optimized to acquire increased search traffic, leads and customers.
- The key is to trigger as much conversion as possible from the amount of digital visitors acquired. Remember displaying who and where you are, what you do and how to contact your firm.
- Maintaining a simple design focused on providing “to the point” information only assists in retaining the audiences for longer period on portals.
- Comparing own layout, navigation, accessibility, usability and readability with competitors is a vital function for improvising own domain for lead conversion.
- Showcasing trust badges, reviews, testimonials and certificates is another crucial step for building relationships with prospects and improved findability on searches.
- Sites ought to contain quickly rendering pages and smartphone responsive too.
- Retargeting visitors through social media, strong AD copywriting and engaging in-house text develops targeted traffic for domains.
Judging Websites Like Online Brochures Is A Blunder
Web pages are the best promotional tools for the following categories !
- Companies which do not believe in aggressive marketing.
- The ones aware of the advantages of digital publicity.
- Firms looking to cut cost of customer acquisition.
- Establishments cognizant of the fact that their competitors are attaining buyers through domains.
Video below explaining the following !
- Why to optimize a website.
- The advantages of genuine matter.
- The difference between On-page and Off-site optimization.
- The benefits of social media marketing.
Another valuable tool for internet publicity is SEM. It primarily involves usage of paid promotional advertising such as GoogleAds and Bing Advertisements.
A very helpful tool provided one first undertakes a combination of On and Off-site optimization.
Remember, it is advisable to employ SEM only after optimising your matter, and not before.
Notice why consultants optimizing domains use the term SEOM and not SEMO ?
Because marketing should be undertaken only after the optimization task – and not the other way round.
Or else most of the energy, time and resources money one would spend on paid internet publicity would go down the drain.
Such errors create a market environment opposed to digital promotion and the masses end up treating websites like online brochures.
Video below by Luc Durand of RankingAcademy, United Kingdom : 5 Signs You Have A Useless Website !
- It is crucial to be cognizant about the number of internet visitors your site produces and from where as that assists in improving data for higher traffic.
- Ensure obtaining a natural search exposure for your domain through keyword queries made by potential clients as most users browse the topmost five results.
- It is important to form supreme matter, include a call-to-action button or a contact form visible above the fold on homepages as that assists in a higher conversion rate.
- Enable a mobile-responsive interface for your portal for increasing chances of the audience finding you at fundamental listings.
- Effectuate fast loading of pages to prevent digital visitors in leaving your domain without navigating.
High Page Ranking On Google Helps Businesses
But what if a portal is improvised to substitute the pre-sales activity ?
The ones unaware of the benefits of website optimization find the exercise useless and end-up working in the old fashioned way.
Sales techniques to influence and acquire new customers, as mentioned below are all costly mediums of promotion !
- Employing staff for cold calling.
- Appointing executives for visiting clients.
- Brand value creation through participating in trade exhibitions.
- Payouts to professional consultants.
- Meeting prospective purchasers at official lunches.
- Outstation traveling to procure consumers from remote areas.
- Renting prime office space or a chain of showrooms for increasing sales.
- Hiring commission agents.
- Participation in commercial conferences.
- Advertising through billboards, hoardings, radio, magazines etc.
- Sponsoring events for branding and popularity.
- Playing golf for networking.
- Taking memberships in professional clubs for contact building.
- Organizing seminars for prominence.
- Donations to NGO’s to attain an identity.
- Throwing lavish parties.
Money spent on hiring a website development agency is negligible vs resources one would use for old-fashioned forms of publicity.
And some carry on with expensive modes of advertising through socializing or traveling.
Remember – Incoming connects from sources containing similar matter can help sites in achieving a superior positioning on search engines.
Web Pages once improved with the following elements !
- Animated GIF pictures and slide presentations.
- Suitable titles and headings.
- Fast loading speed.
- An appropriate word count.
- Proper URL length.
- Intuitive navigation
- Backlinks and keywords for top grade visibility can help company owners save money spent on publicity.
Undoubtedly, regarding websites like online brochures is a lost opportunity and a big mistake.
Additionally, social network sharing is one of the factors determining the magnitude of exposure any website is able to produce.
Many traders and manufacturers do use conventional promotion methods.
However, businesses and service providers generate better revenues by making portals too, alongside.
There may be some reasons for companies either unwilling to try optimizing their own domains, as follows !
- Ones which are trying to cut cost.
- A corporate which already has much more clients and shoppers than it can serve.
- Any establishment unconvinced about the potential power of digital publicity and internet marketing.
- Enterprises already having tried promoting sites through self-effort, but found it worthless due to zero improvement in sales.
For example, such attitudes (as in point 4) originate due to a lack of judgement on choosing a website optimisation consultant.
It would be difficult for an internet promotion professional to sell its services to all except the category in Point 3.
The same could be explained how a high page ranking on Google helps businesses improve sales and find purchasers.
Watch below : Few of the many tasks to implement for increasing chances of boosting positioning at the SERP’s !
- Adding structured data markup to your content can sometimes assist in acquiring exposure within the Rich Results segment of organic listings.
- Log into your G Search Central account to analyze whatever is wrong with your website preventing it’s internal pages to appear as featured snippets.
- Fix the errors and request for a validation at your Webmaster Tools profile to optimize own domain.
- Utilize the performance report section and study the volume of internet traffic coming to your portal through Rich Results.
Website Optimisation For Companies And Service Providers
Sometimes the optimizing task ends up in a near reconstruction of entire matter if it is in a non-optimised condition.
And that is a costly undertaking. So, to save expenses, often businessmen treat their particular websites like online brochures.
It’s like building a showroom without air-conditioning initially.
And later forming holes and breaking walls to create false ceilings or adding concealed wiring required for the purpose.
A comforting air-conditioning system inside a showroom is one of the most important requirements to increase shopper retention.
Likewise, optimization too is a basic need for a website. How many visitors can you expect inside your retail outlet if it is not adequately cooled or heated ?
It’s not that just adequate air-conditioning alone will help in drawing shoppers.
After all you need that the products on display must be saleable, competitive and which provide value-for-money.
Then that is another matter though as one can equate the “Product-for-sale” with “Content”.
Your product may be a hot-selling item. But, it might not attract consumers if the temperature inside the showroom makes buyers uncomfortable.
And what about the product itself ? How long do you expect the product to last in the shelves under extreme heat or cold ? Same goes for sites.
If you develop quality web content but without proper titles, headlines and linking, the entire matter ends up bringing a marginal benefit only.
Such domains yield difficult readability, complicated navigation and a complex interface.
But then probably we are wrong. Maybe most enterprises around have a long list of dedicated buyers purchasing under any conditions.
Or it might be so that there are many for whom expansion is impossible due to existing overload or already full invested capital.
If that is true then it is natural for such kind of entrepreneurs to consider own websites like online brochures.
Generate Better Revenues By Making Portals At CMS Platforms
Sites with SEO-friendly features built on managed hosting systems like WordPress.com or Shopify are slowly replacing the old self-hosted variety.
These platforms offer different themes and designs with various facilities and advantages as mentioned below !
- World-class security.
- AMP compatibility.
- Automatic maintenance.
- Ultimate level customer support.
- Auto software updates.
- And a simple interface enabling in modifying and optimising matter.
So, the point we are trying to make is that the website building task goes through a series of steps.
It starts with hosting, coding (in case of self-hosted pattern), theme installation, content creation, optimization and finally internet marketing.
Most website owners, after handing over the assignment to a solution provider, do not get involved in the initial stage up to the time of text formation.
On the contrary a site owner would be well placed when self-involving in the nascent phase instead of monitoring tasks undertaken in the latter period.
The logic behind such a suggestion is that it opens up an avenue for the site owner to study the difference between managed hosting and self-hosted systems.
Most likely anyone would opt for the former and that would enable setting up the right base for the website under consideration.
Or else an involvement in content development and SEO, which requires a specialized skill would be a wrong strategy as it ends-up in production of a weak product.
In any case, the entire undertaking could prove fruitless until and unless the base is strong.
It is another matter though that the self-hosting variety is the recommended technology for sites of large volume.
Feel free to view below, our promotional slide presentation describing our services !
Made with Visme Presentation Maker
So now we close this blog explaining why regarding websites like online brochures is a lost opportunity and how a high page ranking on Google helps businesses and service providers.
Why To Make A Business Website ?
Creating a professional portal is sometimes a one in a lifetime event just like building a new house for self-use. As it is a natural desire for an individual to build a home at some point of time, likewise it is inevitable for an establishment to develop a website for own company sooner or later. As one finds greater comfort in residing in a self-owned property designed as per personal taste, similarly companies too need a marketing tool which is personalized enough to customize as per professional preference. Traditional forms of publicity dispense lesser control due to dependency on sales staff. Whereas sites offer complete flexibility in assigning the owner complete authority on the style of promoting a business.
Why Is A Website Considered As A Potent Marketing Tool ?
It all depends upon the situation and work environment one is operating within. As someone may find himself/herself in a comfortable position living in a rented apartment forever, likewise many firms function under a certain professional atmosphere which may never require a website for increasing productivity and profit margins. It’s all about mindset and circumstances. A website is an inbound marketing tool in contrast to the old-fashioned medium of publicity – which is an outbound promotional mode. For obvious reasons the former is always more powerful as it generates customers which are already willing to buy your solution or product.
Why To Focus On Optimizing A Website Instead Of Designing ?
A visitor would come to know of your beautifully designed portal only when he is able to find it on natural internet result listings. Hence, SEO is far more important than design inside sites. Digital advertising is an option but the task optimizing a website by default makes it informative enough to retain visitors for longer periods. In general, the audience does not search for sites to look for attractive designs. Instead, users look for information instead.
Why Advertise A Website When SEO Can Make It Visible ?
No matter how much volume of audience you attract through the organic search results, you cannot develop brand value until and unless your company name keeps flashing-up at the internet all the time. So chargeable digital promotion and paid social media publicity are essential to build brand awareness.