Why do the crawlers apply so many parameters for procedures involved in search engine optimization ?
There is a rule-of-thumb in play, when it comes to achieving online exposure on natural listing results.
SEO implies improving quality of sites to enable a superior user-experience at one end. And also meet the ranking criteria of the spiders, alongside.
The robots have neither imposed any restrictions upon organic website optimisation experts, nor on the processes related to industry.
But that does not mean that one would be able to escape a crawler-penalty if one engages in black-hat strategies.
So to avoid websites downgraded and prevent losing visibility on Google, keep away from spam practices.
To point out, few examples are mentioned in the latter half of this post.
There seems to be a logic behind the most commonly followed rules pertaining to aspects mentioned below !
- Online promotion avenues used to acquire backlinks.
- Inclusion or deletion of hyphens in domain names.
- Forming topic specific content.
- Enabling user-friendly and easy navigation.
- Designing unique photos.
- Maintaining an alignment within different sections in pages.
- Following proper methods of internal linking.
- Composing short paragraphs.
- Ensuring a fast page loading speed.
- Establishing an appropriate volume of matter within documents.
- Developing simply clickable links.
- Optimizing pictures.
- Facilitating a secured interface for the internet audience.
- Producing an optimised meta-data in the backend.
The ideal situation would be to improve your portal based on the following !
- First, what is best for the shoppers, clients or consumers.
- Keeping search engine optimization for robots as second in terms of priority.
Tip – To avoid websites downgraded and prevent losing visibility on Google, refrain from undertaking procedures like as below !
- Keyword stuffing.
- Buying links through spammy practices.
- Adding excessive number of records on free commercial directories.
- Manipulation of anchor text and permalinks.
- Inserting duplicate content.
- Creating highly animated or complicated image based menus.
- Typing hidden text.
There are some parameters complied with, based on estimates by SEO companies, as only the spiders have a monopoly over the secret.
However, the specifications which are easy to decode are logical and considered recommendable.
Search Engine Optimization For Achieving Online Exposure
Obtaining citation based backlinks from authoritative and valuable sources having verified authors.
This is the best outcome from organic website optimisation exercises and assists in attaining superior rankings.
Backlinks are incoming connections pointed towards your content, from outside sources such as web pages, blogs etc.
Such inward connects are the most influencing signals for procuring a prominent exposure within natural listing results on the SERP’s.
Many use ways like writing to strong PR (Page Rank) value sites requesting for a link.
Some engage in guest blogging or answering questions by journalists on newswire portals.
Extraordinarily fine digital content encourages verified authors to create a connection with you.
One generates outgoing link from within their own source towards your document or blog or any other internal URL you have.
Superior content and the On-page optimizing process is what matters most in attracting precious backlinks.
Watch video below !
- Optimising sites for lead generation through a natural prominence at searches.
- Building links with powerful online sources helps in improved rankings at the internet.
- Sites optimised for local queries assist in increasing the level of digital traffic.
- Compose useful content for generating a natural presence & launch an SEM campaign for brand promotion.
An exclusive portal may not necessarily be interpreted as the one which is beautifully designed.
It’s primary purpose is to generate information for visitor, instead of trying to make an impression through an amazing look and feel.
In any case, fancy styling and frills reduce the effect of painstaking assignments undertaken while optimising portals.
It seems that many are under the impression that designing attractive web pages would generate a high exposure on the crawlers.
However, content improvement is the most important factor determining a worthwhile positioning on the internet.
Having said that, one cannot afford to ignore the organic website optimisation function too.
Prevent Losing Visibility On Google And Escape Penalties
Video – Some of the common mistakes in your site design which could drive online audience away !
- Internet visitors generally leave sites which load slowly.
- Choose the right technology and speed boosting solutions on your site.
- Refrain from inserting excessively heavy images, prefer to use the same background photo across many pages and be efficient with code and scripts.
- Check if your site is responsive on a smartphone. Stack text and photos inside pages vertically on cellphone view.
- Try the Mobile-friendly test tool too. Using widely recognized icons and designing clear content helps visitors find what they need.
- Make it easy to view your address and phone number to enable users in calling you.
- Verify if your pages are accessible on different browsers and platforms like Windows and Mac.
- Remember that your site is not for selling first. The priority should be on solving the visitors query.
- Focus on adding testimonials and photos to generate the best chance of making a sale.
Some tips about writing a proper meta description for web pages or blogs, as below !
The same is a paragraph which should include a combination of related short sentences, in-line with the content inside the specific page.
Relevance with the title tag (which generally contains the brand label at the end) is another vital factor to remember.
It is not necessary to include your company name in the meta description.
But i may be better to type-in the same as the remaining letters allowable in the Page Title Tag limit.
The recommended length is between 151 to 160 characters.
The words inside should be written in a natural way i.e. divided within a minimum of 1 and maximum 3 sentences.
The text should clearly indicate what the particular document is about.
And that is one of the prime elements helping in a high page ranking on Google and Bing.
Abstain from writing beyond three sentences to ensure an appropriate level of search engine optimization.
Or else your meta description will look like an artificial paragraph created for the purpose of keyword inclusion.
Such an undertaking would confuse the visitors too.
The words inserted should be written in a way which is a longer explanation of the key phrases used in the page title tag.
That would produce a better understanding to the users.
The meta description should be an extremely condensed version of the entire content inside a web page.
Benefits of organic website optimisation exercises – Fundamental listings are the number one driver of internet traffic towards portals.
Tip – Closing rate from leads procured through inbound promotion is far higher than the ones obtained by outbound modes of marketing.
Use Hyphens In Domain Names Instead Of Underscores
To avoid websites downgraded and prevent losing visibility on Google, remember the following while generating permalinks !
- Use lowercase letters preferably.
- Upload a favicon for building trust.
- And apply 301 redirects for broken links for an enhanced natural prominence online.
- Refrain from inserting 2 dashes as separators in URL’s.
There is a broad understanding amongst search engine optimization service providers, on such issues as above.
This general consensus has been arrived upon because the robots work on a principle of creating a user-friendly WWW for the masses.
Normally one comes across internet addresses without breaks in-between letters.
But, if wanting to insert a division inside then do not use more than two hyphens in domain names.
Now, let’s say one comes across an American registered IP under consideration : www . thomsonoftampa . com !
Spaces before and after full stops above, created to circumvent broken link error.
Seems okay ? I think so.
As long as the main URL address length is between 10 to 16 characters and easy to read, it probably would suffice.
However, this start page could be interpreted by the users or the spiders in two ways, as follows !
- A company called “Thomson” in “Tampa, USA”
- Or “Thom” is the son of “Mr. or Mrs. Tampa”.
So, www . thomson-of-tampa . com or www . thom-sonof-tampa . com could be sensible URL’s in the former & latter cases.
Or else one may opt for a non-hyphenated internet address, because such domains are easier to remember.
Since both sites belong to different categories – one “Business” & the other “Personal”, it is better to use .com & .org as TLD’s.
But it would be preventable to stretch web addresses having three dashes inside.
There are at least 2 reasons why one should not use more than two hyphens in domain names during organic website optimisation !
- To simplify your links as much as possible for users to remember.
- To prevent losing visibility on Google fundamental listings, as the topmost robots punish portals for using black-hat tactics.
More the number of dashes, greater the opportunity one creates to acquire an edge over competitors, for those target key phrases used inside.
As far as permalinks are concerned, a character length of anywhere between 45 to 65 is considered appropriate.
Note – The URL Shortener Tool has been discontinued and replaced with the Firebase Dynamic Links Software (updated) !
- Sometimes deep links don’t work for users who don’t have your mobile App installed on their device.
- But now one can utilize Firebase Dynamic Links which ensure taking the user to an Android, iOS or a desktop without any error.
- For visitors not having your App installed, you can customize settings for these URL’s choosing to send them either to your site or Play Store for downloading.
- These links can be used for marketing campaigns too.
Avoid Websites Downgraded By Applying White-hat SEO
Some secondary factors in search engine optimization for achieving online exposure on natural listing results are listed below !
Avoiding Underscores in Permalinks.
There is a feeling that the crawlers don’t read the underscore stroke properly.
Few webmasters suspect that it could result in two or more words being combined into one, sometimes.
So, endeavour to substitute underscores with dashes in permalinks and internet addresses.
Circumventing Uppercase Letters Inside URL’s.
This is another protocol in the procedure of optimizing portals. So, use lowercase characters as such are more easily readable.
One may interpret that the practice assists in improving quality of domains.
Using Target Keyphrases Inside Permalinks.
This practice may enable the visitors relate to the content in a simpler way but might not provide any upgraded internet traffic.
Having said that, this reminds us about one of the grey areas in the site optimizing operation.
According to few, it is immensely harmful if someone alters a permalink for whatever reason.
On the other hand, some say that it is okay to do so as long as you don’t do that a couple of times.
So this issue is a bit mysterious. All we can guess is that it is fine to modify words inside URL’s provided one does that just once, in the initial stages.
And of course, setting up redirects here would be a compulsory exercise to undertake.
All said and done, there is no such thumb rule pertaining to the 3 aspects above.
It’s just that all three are advisable for an enhanced improvisation while developing websites !
There is no such downgradation by the top crawlers, even if all the 3 recommendations above are ignored.
But, it is suggestible to eliminate usage of www inside slugs so that they become shorter by three characters.
Thankfully, the Google Ranking System is fair to all and penalizes only the ones trying to use over-smart methods to rank at the top.
Requirements During Organic Website Optimisation Exercises
It is the prerogative of firms to either understand the importance of optimized sites or else ignore the reasoning behind its protocols as below !
- Relevant content.
- Powerful inward links.
- Meaningful headlines.
- Producing exclusive text.
- Writing informative sentences.
- Uploading fresh and descriptive images.
- Adding useful videos.
- Inserting purposeful PDF documents.
- Publishing instructional article posts.
- Designing slideshows.
- Enhancing readability of paragraphs.
- Ensuring mobile-responsiveness.
- Adding picture captions.
- Inserting photo Alt tags.
- Abstaining from including hyphens in domain names.
Some avenues for the Off-Page variety of search engine optimization for gaining high visibility on Google are as follows !
- Non-chargeable modes of social media publicity.
- Promotion through optimizing videos on YouTube Channel.
- Creating and maintaining a Facebook Business Page.
- Participation in LinkedIn Groups.
- Sharing and posting infographics on Pinterest Account.
- Tweeting comments at Twitter platform.
- Limited social bookmarking and answering questions at Quora.
- Selective guest blogging.
- Adding official location on local maps.
- Activities on webmaster tools accounts.
All such modes of publicity help a long-way in developing a significant position within the natural listing results pages.
Download HTML5 Slide below explaining – Why Optimise Sites !
- Sites with genuine, informative and optimised content obtain superior rankings at the crawlers.
- On-page enhancement requires relevant page titles, headlines, images, meta data, short paragraphs, easy navigation and mobile-responsive design.
- Eliminate keyword stuffing, duplicate content and broken links to avoid websites downgraded by the spiders.
- Off-page improvement requires postings at local map records, activities at webmaster accounts, acquiring quality backlinks and sharing URL’s at the internet.
- On-site optimizing helps in improving user-experience and makes it easier for the robots crawl your site.
- Off-site optimising assists in exposing sites at social media and local searches.
When Did Google Improve Its Algorithm Lately ?
The latest major enhancement in ranking factors was initiated in October 2019 through an update called as BERT. This alteration primarily relates to elevating web pages which eliminate keyword stuffing and rely on publishing naturally written text. The spider now scans far more words at one go, than it used to before. That is assisting the crawler to understand the purpose of paragraphs in a better way than it could earlier. Otherwise this robot keeps making minor improvements inside its AI software after noticing how webmasters are coming up with new methodologies for optimizing portals. The crawler modifies its grading parameters in such a manner which without penalizing any website, just upgrades the natural internet positioning of such portals which either discover innovative white-hat SEO strategies or invent unique content deserving a reward.
When Did Bing Enhance Its Natural Website Ranking Criteria ?
In November 2019, Bing has introduced stronger penalties firstly against websites participating in private link networks whose purpose is only to pass on link juice to other portals, usually through blogs. Secondly it has also introduced stricter downgrading algorithms against pages containing copied content from outside sources owning separate internet addresses but all actually leading to one particular site. The third prominent improvement by this spider is that it now has a more powerful AI technology to punish portals leasing sub-domains to external websites containing unrelated content in regards to the main internet address. All 3 upgrades in the algorithm are now penalizing portals forming an inorganic site structure.