Adding quality content or maintaining an appropriate keyword density required to optimize a website is a laborious task.
Writing interesting blogs, inserting original photos, typing striking headlines and creation of internal and outbound links is a strenuous assignment.
SMO, SERP, HTTPS, UX, URL and UI are shortened terms and abbreviations used in the website building and search engine optimization exercise.
CPC, SMM, PPC and SEM are acronyms related with the digital marketing field.
Mobile compatibility, SSL certification, maintenance and virus protection are some of the facilities needed in any site.
Is producing exclusive promotional material for web pages a difficult job ?
Is enabling an appropriate keyword density and generating proper page titles puzzling assignment ?
One may derive opposing opinions if discussing different forms of website construction – Portal-hosted or Self-hosting variety.
Someone trying to develop and optimize a domain on WordPress or any similar web-hosting portal like Shopify or Point2Agent, on his own, might say that it is a simple process.
Whereas an agency working on a specialized and fully programmed and coded website may call it a difficult job.
Let us discuss the subject based on such an example above.
Elements of Web Development and SEO
1. Choosing A Website Domain Name –
One doesn’t need to be a wizard for that kind of assignment. Any URL is fine as long as :
- It consists of anywhere between two to three words.
- Non-hyphenated preferably.
- Less than 16 characters.
- Includes the business name in full or else partly with a keyphrase included.
2. Naming A Website’s Title –
Identifying the same is also a no-brainer.
It’s common knowledge that the best choice is the business name itself.
3. Generating Fresh and Proper Page Titles –
This is an element where one would need some knowledge of website construction.
It may require experience to write suitable page names having between 25 to 30 letters (including spaces).
These should be unique, written in a natural way, defining the topic clearly and devoid of special characters.
Then comes another related component – Title Tag.
It appears in search results as a hyperlinked heading, pertaining to a specific page, blog or any other content on your website which has a dedicated URL.
Below, this tag line, the concerned meta description and permalink are displayed which are both non-clickable.
For example you have a blog post explaining the procedure of optimizing websites.
The specific tag could be something like, let’s say – How To Optimize A Website | Your Company Name | Location City.
The first part out of the three divisions, goes as the article post’s title.
Try having between 55 to 65 characters (including spaces) in such kinds of tags.
If you do not create the same then the spiders would generate one as per their understanding after going through the blog.
4. Adding Meta descriptions within 150 to 156 Characters Long –
Again, an element which needs ample knowledge.
This surely is a considerable issue for the ones who are serious and cognizant of the necessity of website optimization !
5. Quality Content Writing And Updations Regularly –
The point where the real game in the website building and optimisation undertaking begins.
Creating premium images, topical videos, short text paragraphs and page headlines is a complex matter.
6. Smartphone Responsiveness –
Cannot be considered a professional task.
The built-in plugins render AMP-compatible pages on such type of platforms, automatically.
However, mobile compatibility may turn out to be a complicated process, if one is developing a programmed self-hosted website.
The WordPress.com platform, which influences 25% of the entire web industry :
- Provides automatic maintenance and data backups.
- Software updates.
- Complete security.
- Reduces workload and
- Produces attractive websites with full mobile compatibility through its sophisticated system, automatically.
7. Web Page Designing –
A kid’s job ? In a way, Yes.
We are not discussing producing some walkthrough here. Highly fancy patterns reduce optimization capabilities in websites.
Of what use is a designer page if it prevents the searchers finding you on organic results ?
One comes across many websites which are optimized-well and look fabulous too.
Correct – But such high-class sites require excessive expenditure.
It is not possible to produce such kind of website within moderate budgets.
8. Other On-page Optimization Procedures –
The built-in or importable plugins automatically sort out issues like :
- Loading speed.
- Antivirus Protection and
- Photo Optimization.
Remaining factors like :
- Enabling simple and clutter-free navigation.
- Creation of internal and outgoing links.
- Inserting video captions.
- Image Alt tags and
- SEO-friendly designs, takes a lot of effort and time to learn and understand.
However, the Yoast plugin which is the best tool for optimising websites can help a great deal.
9. Off-page Optimization –
Organizing social media marketing accounts, managing Bing and Google Webmaster Console and local map listings.
Yes, again this requires high level professional skills.
Publicity on YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, Google Plus, LinkedIn and Twitter facilitates better traffic for websites on the search engines.
10. Email, Internet and Digital Marketing –
Tough ? Not at all.
11. Writing Top Grade Blog Article Posts –
Probably the toughest part in the whole exercise.
12. Keyword Optimisation –
An area where typing informative and descriptive text sentences with a well-judged keyphrase density is required, making the job difficult.
Some points to keep in mind while performing the task :
- Try to create key phrases having medium competition and medium volume of searches.
- For a new website, opt for the long-tail variety i.e. containing anywhere between three to four words.
- Aim to contain the length of the phrase within 25 to 35 characters.
- The keyword must be related to the URL, the website’s main title as well as the content inside.
- Imagine what an internet searcher would type to find you.
- Include the keyword inside the page title, meta description, Alt text, image or video file names, any one headline and the title tag.
- Do not engage in key phrase stuffing i.e. remain within the 1% to 3% bracket.
- Use synonyms inside the text body and the secondary keywords.
- Sufficient gap within repeated mentions is necessary.
- Online analysis and research is another requirement.
- Create links close to wherever you place such phrases.
- Do not form an outgoing connection through the main keyword.
- Try not to repeat the same within different pages of a particular website.
- Include the keyword within the first or second paragraph inside the text body.
- Outgoing link (internal or external) should lead to a topical web page.
Organic Optimization And Quality Content Writing Consumes Time
It is advisable to outsource the job to any suitable Web Development and SEO Agency because matters such as :
- Website design.
- Researching key phrases.
- URL slugs.
- Developing quality content.
- Ensuring mobile compatibility.
- Genuine linking.
- Appropriate keyword density.
- And Proper page titles.
- Duplicate content.
- Broken links.
- Keyphrase stuffing – All needed for optimising websites requires too much of time.
After all Google Plus, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn are not the only social media marketing networks, to promote upon.
Finally coming to the most time consuming exercise regarding web development and SEO – Link building.
This function primarily consists of 3 components –
A. Obtaining backlinks.
B. Internal connections within different web pages and blogs or other content
C. Creating outbound links.
Internal connections are important.
The purpose of any website is to enable the visitor find what he is looking for, effortlessly.
So, for example you have a page on computer hardware and another on laptops.
Then it would be wise to connect both during the process of optimising websites.
Because the former ought to be dedicated towards desktops, hard disk, laptops and other related hardware.
But the visitor may need some more details on laptop computers.
So, an internal connection may eliminate the need for him to find whether you have a page on laptops or not.
Such practices help passing on link juice to your less popular content.
If you connect your front page with another for which popularity required, then this function would prove fruitful.
Another advantage is that most likely you would be able to retain the visiting audience on your website for longer periods.
The Google Ranking Algorithm evaluates the number of incoming links towards individual web pages.
There is a possibility of achieving a better online visibility in such a case.
Another notable benefit would be that such an undertaking helps the robots in crawling and indexing your website in a better manner.
On rare occasions, some parts of content is somehow missed by the crawlers.
The anchor text used internal connecting passes a message to the spiders on what keyphrases you want to optimise your website for.
As far as outward linking is concerned, such a task helps in gaining a higher online traffic too.
The robots appreciate you when you invite your users to browse other top class sources too.
An outgoing connection does not help you as much as the recipient website.
You’re passing on link juice to your competitor or anyone else concerned with your industry in such a case.
But, you probably gain as much because you score a point with the crawlers.
Anchor text for internal connecting should take a visitor to a relevant web page.
An outgoing link should lead to topical content owned by an authoritative source i.e. a high-value website.
And backlinks are valuable only if they are coming from highly ranked web pages relevant to your field.