Primarily there are two ways to promote your profession or enterprise.
A. Using traditional marketing methods as below !
- Hiring staff.
- Print media Ad’s.
- Official touring.
- Participating in business exhibitions.
- Networking within already known high-networth social, friends or family circle.
B. Deploying modern mediums of sales promotion as follows !
- Hiring experts for creating optimised websites good enough for ranking on page one of Google and Bing search.
- Promoting the same in a cost efficient manner at the internet.
- Opting for expensive online advertising mediums.
I think Websites beat Advertisements vis a vis effectiveness in promotion and lead generation in obtaining buyers.
Within traditional trading mediums as in the first list above – The first four options are expensive modes of publicity.
The last avenue is virtually free of cost and provides almost guaranteed business too.
There is no harm in using all sorts of means of publicity to grow your sales revenue.
But then deploying modern marketing techniques as in the second list above proves to be the best choice in the long-run due to several factors.
Optimized Websites Beat Advertisements Hands Down
For a bus travel company, an AD notice would explain in brief; why its facility is nice and encourages you to try it out.
But a well-developed content powered with the required elements of organic web SEO, tells you the following !
- Why the bus service is clean and fast ?
- How is it safe and comfortable ?
- What makes it punctual and reliable ?
Websites surpass Ads when they satisfy both requirements as mentioned below !
- Enabling selling a commodity through a user friendly interface.
- Producing a top standard position on the natural SERP’s.
So is possible through non-website based internet promotion strategies too.
The only difference is that the same promotional matter would be visible within the Ad listings on search engines or/and social networks.
That may or might not prompt the viewer to click an online advertising banner or even a text based announcement.
But, lets assume case where a specific domain gains a high ranking on page one of Google or Bing.
In such a scenario one can safely say that visitors exploring for the related product or service will most likely visit and browse the same portal.
Paid online listings leading to various domains may contain impressive text and images.
But portals with poor content end up producing a high bounce rate which eventually leaves you with many hits but very few conversions.
However large websites owned by established branded companies benefit the most through paid advertising on the internet.
That helps such trademarks in attracting further traffic apart from whatever already generated through hits on natural online listings.
But the situation changes if one is comparing the effectiveness between Ads vs website promotion, in cases of non-branded products or services.
It is an accepted fact that large labels definitely need heavy advertising due to several logical reasons.
But it may be a mistake for medium level companies with little repute to expect to generate considerable traffic towards either their portals through Ads.
Basically the function of a promotional dodger is not to increase sales.
The purpose is to maintain the current level of already established brand awareness !
Whereas the objective of a website is the opposite.
The idea behind such a medium is to try and improve turnover by creating visibility.
To sell a service or product which is not very popular requires first to educate the buyer as to how the item is better than its competition.
The prospective consumer needs to learn why is the related merchandise or solution useful to him.
The shopper wants to understand that what advantages does the concerned product or service carry over the other competing ones in the market.
And only a portal with informative content, instructional blogs, enhanced images and improvised paragraphs can solve the purpose.
An optimised website is the best tool for professional growth when it comes to medium scale businesses it seems.
Feel free to view our promotional video below ! Mobile-friendly websites with domain relevant text, videos, descriptive animations and ample detailed information are a strong avenue for growing sales !
One may create any or all of the following type of accounts for publicizing a brand through non-paid internet promotion channels !
- Google MyBusiness Local Maps Listing.
- Facebook Business Page.
- YouTube Channel.
- Pinterest Professional Profile.
- LinkedIn Company Page.
- Twitter Account.
All help in publicity provided one posts and shares relevant, original, interesting, informative and useful online content there.
On may also use avenues like writing to high PR value websites requesting for a link, engage in guest blogging or answer questions by journalists.
But one needs to be overly selective while choosing such internet promotional mediums.
Try participating in Facebook and LinkedIn groups, share and post infographics on your Pinterest Business Account!
Social bookmarking is fine too as long as you confine yourself within highly selective portals.
Finally, Local Map Listings and activity on your Webmaster Tools Console will help too.
Some Elements Of Organic Web SEO And Website Building
On-page Optimization tactics as listed below have completely reformed traditional forms of promotion. !
- Keyword analysis.
- Easier navigation.
- Photo enhancement.
- Video embedding.
- Simpler readability.
- Usage of advanced plugins.
- Refined linking strategies.
Website improvisation falls under two types of categories : On and Off-page varieties.
The former requires one to develop latest content, appropriate keyphrase density, links, relevant keywords, proper headers, picture alt tags, titles etc.
The latter consists of handling of webmaster tools console, promoting blogs, developing videos and images for sharing on social networking sources.
The standard of article writing, online designing, multimedia animations and quality of organic web SEO has improved a great deal in last 10 years.
This is the most crucial factor why websites beat advertisements like offline displays, printed exhibits, signboard banners etc. nowadays.
Having said that, avoid playing around with the following kind of ingredients !
- Flash animations.
- Java based menus.
- Fancy sliders.
- Special effects and
- Animated buttons.
Instead, try to beautify your web pages through components as follows !
- Better pictures.
- Embedded slides.
- Video uploads.
- Improved formatting.
- A congestion-free interface.
- Clear text with adequate white space.
- Easily clickable links.
- Subtle colors.
- And GIF animation photos.
Alignment, intuitive navigation and a clean layout are important factors for generating a top grade user-experience in websites.
One needs a sense of color combinations and capability in presenting information with simplicity.
Ads sometimes congest pages, so remember using the same only in a limited manner.
Write short paragraphs and use Google Fonts if possible.
A large font size is recommendable to make sentences easily readable.
Mobile responsive design is another requirement.
Some guides on writing optimized content for websites listed below !
- Type relevant sentences.
- Include topical words.
- Form unique blog titles.
- Write interesting headlines and use H1, H2, H3 tags at least if not further.
- Each page should have between 300 to 400 words roughly.
- Blogs of between 1200 to 2500 words approximately are recommendable.
- A keyword density of between 2 to 3 percent within web pages and 1 to 2 percent in articles is suggested.
- Original text is mandatory.
- Insert at least 1 internal and outward link respectively, on each in-house document.
- The text should be interesting and relevant with latest and informative details.
- Use bullets for large paragraphs while making a point.
Ranking On Page One Of Google And Bing Search
Remember, below mentioned exercises can assist in generating an additional thrust to your visibility on SERP’s !
- Publish exclusive blogs.
- Create animated videos.
- Design useful infographics.
- Help other webmasters in fixing technical errors.
One’s unaware of the advantages of optimization, regard their websites like online presentations and lose out on opportunities.
Websites beat advertisements in marketing results.
A costly sign board display cannot convince you of the calibre of service it is selling.
Whereas properly designed content with the following components proves to be an efficient mode in such regard !
- Trendy images.
- Informative videos.
- Meaningful blogs.
- Useful links and
- Whiteboard explainer animations.
Websites Outperform Online Ad’s Because
1. It is possible to find desired products or services either through paid internet marketing or on organic listing results.
But, natural listings on more or less guarantee displaying only premium product items, high quality merchandise and service sector related URL links.
Video below : High class website optimization enables better results as compared to traditional sales techniques and helps companies save time in chasing clients !
2. Internet advertising is an expensive medium of publicity as its lifespan is limited on one hand and middle level businesses often spend on costly online videos.
Whereas optimizing a website proves to be a cheaper option in such cases, after dividing the total cost with the produced visibility through organic results.
3. You might see a signboard AD in the market when you aren’t looking for a particular service.
But there is a possibility of forgetting the name or the URL of that company, later.
But just type a few keywords on the laptop and most likely you will not only find that company but also reach equivalent or better choices.
4. There surely must be something mysteriously magical about successful websites.
Or else companies like Alibaba, Amazon, Airbnb, WordPress and Uber wouldn’t be where they are today.
Maintaining websites deserving of a respectable ranking on page one of Google and Bing search is always the first priority for brands.
5. Web Pages enable you choosing an item after some browsing, but advertising doesn’t.
An AD Commercial Matches A Website In Certain Aspects
A. Expensive designer bulletins signify that the advertiser is not a fly-by-night operator.
There is no hard-and-fast rule on this issue.
But in general, it is rare to come across a shady startup allocating a large budget towards costly adverts.
B. Sometimes offline posters reduce the need to browse the internet.
They act as a reminder about the brand value of the product or service they relate to.
The chances of customers visiting websites of well reputed companies advertising heavily, are higher.
C. Marketing through the following mediums can sometimes match the effectiveness of organic web SEO !
But, that would be subject to the condition that one first optimizes in-house content before indulging in paid promotional campaigns.
However, Websites Beat Advertisements as they are fully equipped to solve the dual problem related to aspects as below !
- Firstly, helping the owner market his brand.
- Secondly, that too at a reasonable cost.
The ideal situation would be to – Optimize a well-built site and use paid internet Ad’s later.
Some tips about optimization of websites below !
- Use the main keyword in page title and the meta descriptions data.
- Form subheadings.
- Think-of medium to long-tail key phrases.
- Make optimized images.
- Generate easily understandable permalinks.
- Insert internal and outgoing links.
- Avoid keyphrase-stuffing.
- Include photo captions.