Primarily there are two ways to promote your profession.
A. Using traditional marketing methods like :
- Hiring staff.
- Print media Ad’s.c
- Official touring.
- Participating in business exhibitions.
- Networking within already known high-networth social, friends or family circle.
B. Deploying modern mediums of sales promotion like :
- Hiring experts for creating optimised websites good enough for ranking on page one of Google and Bing search.
- Promoting the same in a cost efficient manner.
- Opting for expensive online advertising mediums.
I think Websites beat Advertisements vis a vis effectiveness in promotion and lead generation in obtaining buyers.
Within traditional sales mediums – The first four options are expensive modes of publicity.
The last avenue is virtually free of cost and provides almost guaranteed business too.
There is no harm in using all sorts of means of publicity to grow your sales.
But then deploying modern marketing techniques prove to be the best choice in the long-run due to several factors.
Optimized Websites Beat Advertisements Hands Down
For a bus travel company, an AD would explain in brief; why its facility is nice and encourages you to try it out.
But a well-developed content powered with the required elements of organic web SEO, tells you why the bus service is clean, fast, safe, comfortable and punctual.
Websites surpass Ads when they do both –
- Enabling selling a commodity through a user friendly interface.
- Producing a top standard position on the natural SERP’s.
So is possible through non-website based online advertising.
The only difference is that the same would be visible within the Ad listings on search engines.
But, if a domain gains a high ranking on page one of Google or Bing, then one can safely say that visitors will most likely browse the same.
Paid listings may or may not contain impressive text and images.
The ones with poor content end up producing a high bounce rate which eventually leaves you with many hits but very few conversions.
However large websites owned by established brands benefit the most through paid advertising on the internet.
That helps brands in attracting further traffic apart from whatever already generated through hits on natural online listings.
An optimised website is the best tool for professional growth when it comes to medium scale businesses though.
One may create a :
- Facebook Business Page.
- YouTube Channel.
- Pinterest Brand Profile.
- LinkedIn Company Page.
- Twitter Account respectively, for publicizing a brand through non-paid online promotion channels.
All help in publicity provided one posts and shares relevant, original, interesting, informative and useful content there.
On may also use avenues like writing to high PR value websites requesting for a link, engage in guest blogging or answer questions by journalists.
But one needs to be overly selective while choosing such promotional mediums.
Try participating in Facebook and LinkedIn groups, share and post infographics on your Pinterest Business Account!
Social bookmarking is fine too as long as you confine yourself within highly selective portals.
Finally, Local Map Listings and activity on your Webmaster Tools Console will help too.
The Elements Of Organic Web SEO
On-page Optimization like :
- Keyword analysis.
- Easy navigation.
- Article writing !
- Link building.
- And intuitive navigation in websites has completely reformed traditional forms of promotion.
Website improvisation falls under two types of categories : On and Off-page varieties.
The former requires one to develop latest content, appropriate keyphrase density, links, relevant keywords, proper headers, picture alt tags, titles etc.
The latter consists of handling of webmaster tools console, writing and promoting blogs, developing videos and images for social networking etc.
The standard of online designing, multimedia animations and quality of organic web SEO has improved a great deal in last 10 years.
This is the most crucial factor why websites beat advertisements like offline displays, printed exhibits, signboard banners etc. nowadays.
Having said that, avoid playing around with :
- Flash animations.
- Java based menus.
- Fancy sliders.
- Special effects and
- Animated buttons.
Instead, try to beautify your web pages through :
- Better pictures.
- Embedded slides.
- Video uploads.
- Improved formatting.
- A congestion-free interface.
- Clear text with adequate white space.
- Easily clickable links.
- Subtle colors.
- And GIF animation photos.
Alignment, intuitive navigation and a clean layout are important factors for generating a top grade user-experience in websites.
One needs a sense of color combinations and capability in presenting information with simplicity.
Ads sometimes congest pages, so remember using the same only in a limited manner.
Write short paragraphs and use Google Fonts if possible.
A large font size is recommendable to make sentences easily readable.
Mobile responsive design is another requirement.
Some tips on writing optimized content for websites :
- Type relevant sentences.
- Include topical words.
- Form unique blog titles.
- Add interesting headlines and use H1, H2, H3 tags at least if not further.
- Each page should have between 300 to 400 words roughly.
- Blogs of between 1200 to 2500 words approximately are recommendable.
- A keyword density of between 2 to 3 percent and 1 to 2 percent in articles is suggested.
- Original text is mandatory.
- Insert at least one internal and one outward link on each page or blog.
- The text should be interesting and relevant with latest and informative details.
- Use bullets for large paragraphs while making a point.
Websites Are Winners When Ranking On Page One Of Google
- Publish exclusive blogs.
- Create animated videos.
- Design useful infographics.
- Help other webmasters in fixing technical errors for an additional thrust to your visibility on SERP’s.
One’s unaware of the advantages of optimization, regard their websites like online presentations and lose out on opportunities.
Websites beat advertisements in marketing results because a costly sign board AD cannot convince you of the calibre of service it is selling, as much as a properly designed content with –
- Trendy images.
- Informative videos.
- Meaningful blogs.
- Useful links and
- Whiteboard explainer animations could do.
Websites Outperform Online Ad’s Because
- It is possible to find desired products or services either through paid internet advertising or on organic listing results.
But, natural listings on more or less guarantee displaying only premium product items, merchandise and service sector related URL links.
Video below : High class website optimization enables better results as compared to traditional sales techniques and helps companies save time in chasing clients –
2. Internet marketing is an expensive medium of publicity as its lifespan is limited.
Whereas optimizing a website proves to be a cheaper option after dividing the total cost with the produced visibility through organic results.
3. You might see a signboard AD in the market when you aren’t looking for a particular service.
But there is a possibility of forgetting the name or the URL of that company, later.
But just type a few keywords on your laptop and most likely you will not only find that company but also reach equivalent or better choices.
4. There surely must be something mysteriously magical about successful websites.
Or else companies like Alibaba, Amazon, Airbnb, WordPress and Uber wouldn’t be where they are today.
Maintaining websites deserving of a prominent rank on SERP’s is always the first priority for brands.
5. Web Pages enable you choosing an item after some browsing, but an offline advertisement doesn’t.
An AD Matches A Website In Certain Aspects
A. Expensive designer AD’s signify that the advertiser is not a fly-by-night operator.
B. Sometimes offline AD’s reduce the need to browse the internet.
They act as a reminder about the brand value of the product or service they relate to.
The chances of customers visiting websites of well reputed companies advertising heavily, are higher.
C. Marketing through :
- Google Ads.
- PPC on Bing.
- Facebook Promotions and
- Paid publicity on MSN can sometimes match the quality of organic web SEO.
But, that would be subject to the condition that one first optimizes in-house content before indulging in paid promotional campaigns.
However, Websites Beat Advertisements as they are fully equipped to solve the dual problem of :
- Firstly, helping the owner market his brand.
- Secondly, that too at a reasonable cost.
The ideal situation would be to – Optimize a well-built site and use paid internet Ad’s later.
Some tips about optimization of websites :
- Use the main keyword in page title and the meta descriptions data.
- Form subheadings and long-tail keywords.
- Make optimized images and permalinks.
- Add internal links.