The world’s largest online video sharing platform – YouTube is undergoing major upgradations recently.
Users having a Google Account can register on this digital portal and undertake either of the following !
- Create own in-house account for uploading marketing videos, live streams and audio recordings.
- Comment on and rate others content like TV shows, business promotion videos, sound files etc.
- Use the “Add to Favorites” option by creating a dedicated folder for “liked clips” in own account.
- Subscribe to others content which helps them receive notifications about the latest developments on the same.
Non-registered members can only watch all sorts of films or listen-to songs of all varieties inside this audio-video search engine.
Once logged-in inside own account one has two options to manage owned content uploaded already :
- Customize Channel (which leads to the editing section of the classic design).
- Use YouTube Studio Beta (which is live but in the final stages of its completion).
Notice the two blue color buttons on the image below dispensing a choice to use any of the two versions :
Click the first button i.e. “Customize Channel” as in screenshot above.
It would take one to another page within this digital publicity portal showing your professional videos and links to your accounts on other online promotion websites, as below :
If only changing content details like Title, Description etc. is required then one may :
- Click the blue button below the clip mentioning “edit video” to modify the specifications, alter text matter etc.
- Then save the finalized attributes and particulars.
But if you need to reach your dashboard then hit the black color plain text link saying “Video Manager”.
The same is visible in small font size right at top of the cover photo in above screenshot.
This is how the edit section of the classic model in this online movie or music sharing network used to look like as below :
Observe the blue text link “View All” visible in small font size at the bottom of the photo above.
One can view detailed insights about own account performance by clicking the same.
The would lead you to another window within this internet promotion portal.
Optimizing And Marketing Your YouTube Video Channel
Coming back to the function which is the second choice as shown inside the very first image at the top.
In case you click “YouTube Studio Beta” out there, then it would lead you to a new window like this :
Notice above, the much improved channel dashboard created for the new design introduced by this digital publicity platform.
For example, spot the text saying “Ideas For You” placed at bottom in photo above.
There is a blue link written as “Learn More” just below the rounded thumbnail icon displaying binoculars (apologies as it got cut out in screenshot).
Clicking the same would leads one to another window as below :
So one would agree that it is much easier to study and learn about how to optimize, promote, market and publicize videos now.
The previous design of YouTube was slightly lesser user-friendly in comparison with the current one.
There are many more features added inside this modernized design which you could explore.
The main highlights of this social media advertising platform are :
- It contains more detailed analytics data and insights about what level of internet visibility you achieved, as compared to what one found earlier.
- Helps members to perform the content editing process in lesser time as compared to what used to be possible previously.
- Presents tips, guides and ideas on promoting business videos on internet and how to grow internet traffic on your in-house account.
- Displays latest news about happenings and developments going on inside this online publicity network.