The world’s largest online video sharing platform – YouTube is undergoing major upgradations recently.
Users having a Google Account can register on this portal and :
- Create own in-house channel for uploading marketing videos, live streams and audio recordings.
- Comment on and rate others content like TV shows, business promotion videos, sound files etc.
- Use the “Add to Favorites” option by creating a dedicated folder for “liked clips” in own account.
- Subscribe to others content which helps them receive notifications about the latest developments on the same.
Non-registered members can only watch the content inside this video search engine.
Once logged-in inside own account one has two options to manage owned content uploaded already :
- Customize Channel (which leads to the video editor of classic version) or else
- Use YouTube Studio Beta (which is live but in the final stages of its completion)
Notice the two blue color buttons on the image below presenting a choice to use any of the two versions of your channel :
Click the first button i.e. “Customize Channel” as in screenshot above.
It would take one to another page within this video promotion website showing your videos and links to your accounts on digital publicity portals, as below :
If only changing content details, title, description etc. is required then one may click on any video and alter the text matter by :
- First clicking the specific video and
- Then pressing the blue button below the clip mentioning “edit video” to perform the task.
But if you need to reach your dashboard then click the black color text link saying “Video Manager” which is visible in small font size right at top of the cover photo on above picture.
This is how the edit section of the classic model of YouTube Channel used to look like :
Observe the blue text link “view all” visible in small font size at the bottom of the photo above.
One can view detailed insights about own channel’s performance by clicking this link which leads one to another page within this social media promotion portal.
Optimizing And Marketing Your YouTube Video Channel
Coming back to the function which is the second choice as shown inside the very first image at the top.
In case you click “YouTube Studio Beta” out there then it would lead you to a new window like this below :
Notice above, the much improved dashboard created for the new design introduced by this digital promotion platform.
For example, spot the text saying “Ideas For You” placed at bottom in photo above.
There is a blue text link written as “Learn More” just below the rounded thumbnail icon displaying binoculars (apologies as it got cut out in screenshot).
Clicking the same would leads one to another window as below :
So one would agree that it is much easier to study and learn about optimizing and marketing your YouTube Video Channel now in comparison to a slightly lesser user-friendly design available before.
There are many more features added inside the latest design which you could explore.
The main highlights of this social media promotion platform are :
- It contains more detailed analytics data and insights about video channel performance as compared to what one found earlier.
- Helps members to perform the content editing process in lesser time as compared to what used to be possible previously.
- Presents tips, ideas and guides on how to grow internet traffic on your channel.
- Displays latest news about happenings and developments going on inside this digital publicity portal.